360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a great trip in August I decided to give Eddie Berger down in Venice another try. We went out Sunday morning got bait quick.Then went to a rig that only held black fins, after a dozen or so we headed off to deeper water. As soon as we arrived at the rig I threw one of Eddies poppers and on the first cast I was hooked up to a 100 lb YF on a spinning rod. It was on for a while and I had to pass the rod off to Brent then I finished getting it in. Then we hooked one on a live bait and while fighting it they were busting behind the boat and Eddie offered them a popper. A nice 80 lb YF jumped completely out of the water to take the popper and we were doubled up. It took all five of us to get them both in the boat, it was awesome. We got two more yellow fins around 70 - 80 lbs a bunch of skip jack and blackfins too. My father joined us for his 70th birthday and impressed me with fishing hard all day. Eddie did an awesome job for us and Hooper did too, they had to help reel too when fighting two fish.

I made blackened tuna steaks for dinner tonight that was the best I have ever ate.
I will post pictures tomorrow.
Thanks Eddie!

·
899 Posts
So why haven't you already gone to Venice?? It's just down the road a bit for you. In case you can't find it, just drive until the road ends....you can't miss it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts