VE Coupe60 concept tribute

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by saqa, Nov 25, 2009.

1. saqa

saqa Jonny TooBad

G'day fellas
    I built this one for my self. Its the PE8 popping rod with some special touches. I had an auto body shop finish this blank in 2 pack auto epoxy paint. I setup the color scheme as a tribute to the concept car that Holden showed off at a recent car show. I hope they build em and I hope I would be lucky enough to get one, one day. Thanks to a friendly tackle shop, I have the perfect reel match to this as well

[​IMG]

This stick was also tested with brutal static loading and high sticking to 26kg measured on the scales. The titanium frame SiC ring Fuji lowrider guides are setup to cast a long 200lb leader. I had to undertake extensive test casting for optimum guide placement to enable this leader to come off the spool and shoot through the guides like a charm

Hope you enjoy the pics. Go Holden and the the V8s

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv22/dakaurods/GTP/SL/SL010.jpg
    http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv22/dakaurods/GTP/SL/SL011.jpg

2. Hrdhittin

Hrdhittin Member

Some nice eye candy there.

3. flatliner

flatliner Senior Member

WHO WOULD DRIVE THAT CAR!!!!! THERES NO STEERING WHEEL ON THE LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

another nice rod saga! i like your style, your handles always look great

5. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

Holdens kick ass! wish they kept the GTO alive over here, it's probably the closest I'll ever get.
    Nice rod, too! red & silver look great
    Now, will it go from 0 to 60kg. in 4.6 seconds?:cool:

6. mike garone

mike garone Well-Known Member

Hey Saga,

Nice work as always. What size reel are you using on this rod and how long is the rod?

I am planning on building myself a tuna popping rod and was curious how the low riders would work.

7. DenisB

DenisB Senior Member

Nice work Rohit
    the colour linkages to the underwraps rather than the overwraps & overwrapping in the blank colour to accentuate the underwraps is very nice.

understated & very stylish.

8. satkunas

satkunas Senior Member

Incredible job, always matching the reel !!!

I'm assemblying my first Low Rider rod. as soon it's done I will post some pics. I'd like to compare the MSNG casting with the Low Riders. I'm really in doubt wich one is better for casting. For the looking there's nothing like a Low Rider guide.

Congrats

9. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

hey rohit - can you make me a rod??? :)

10. saqa

saqa Jonny TooBad

Some nice eye candy there.

another nice rod saga! i like your style, your handles always look great

Thanks for the compliment mate

Holdens kick ass! wish they kept the GTO alive over here, it's probably the closest I'll ever get.
    Nice rod, too! red & silver look great
    Now, will it go from 0 to 60kg. in 4.6 seconds?:cool:

Yeehaaa, you sure know what I am on about. GTO was called the Monaro here. That was built on the VY model holden. The Monaros have traditionally been the two door versions of the regular sports sedans on the commodore body. When the new VE model came out, holden dropped the Monaro from the lineup but then showed of the above concept car. They did make a production 2 door on the VE but sadly they didnt make it available here. Its a US only model and called the Chev Camaro! It was designed here but not sure if actually assembled here or not.

Kevin, there you go. The Camaro has the steering on the 'other' side just for you lucky buggers

Hey Saga,

Nice work as always. What size reel are you using on this rod and how long is the rod?

I am planning on building myself a tuna popping rod and was curious how the low riders would work.

Mike, I am undecided on whether to run the 18k SW on it or the 6500H Maverick. The Maverick is a nicer cosmetic match with its better (IMO) line management will suit this longer stick for dancing the stickbaits. The Lowriders are casting 200lb leader perfectly but need a lot of care and testing in setting up

Nice work Rohit
    the colour linkages to the underwraps rather than the overwraps & overwrapping in the blank colour to accentuate the underwraps is very nice.

understated & very stylish.

Thanks Denis, My aim on the scheme was to 'enclose' the highlight color with the main color on the tip section. and reverse that on the handle to increase the gloss black seats color dominance up to the red grips

Incredible job, always matching the reel !!!

I'm assemblying my first Low Rider rod. as soon it's done I will post some pics. I'd like to compare the MSNG casting with the Low Riders. I'm really in doubt wich one is better for casting. For the looking there's nothing like a Low Rider guide.

Congrats

Thanks Henrique, the Maverick matches very well :)

Looking forward to seeing your buid with the LCs

hey rohit - can you make me a rod??? :)

Anytime Mate. Join me for the 2010 Fiji trip and you can take this stick back home with you