Van Staal=Zebco

Discussion in 'Reels' started by Courtland, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Courtland

Courtland Site Sponsor

I ordered a new clicker mechanism for my VS-150. A new line roller(wrong part) showed up in the mail today. Interesting thing was the invoice, it said WC Bradley Co./ZEBCO BRANDS!!!!

Did I miss the memo, when did this happen?

2. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Zebco bought out Van Staal a couple of years ago. They moved the manufacturing plant to china. Most hard core VS users are very upset about having them made in china.

3. hatidua

hatidua Senior Member

Yikes! this is kinda sorta really old news :eek:

4. Courtland

Courtland Site Sponsor

Yikes! this is kinda sorta really old news :eek:

The reel is 7 or 8 years old. Hasn't had much use since I left the coast of NJ. I just started using it again for drift rigs.

As far as the news being old.......I just got out of prison, everything is new to me.:)

5. hatidua

hatidua Senior Member

As far as the news being old.......I just got out of prison, everything is new to me.:)

Well, hey, in that case welcome back to the world! :)

6. Enoch

Enoch Senior Member

c'mon, we have bass barn for this kinda stuff.

well, yes, its zebco and made in china like everything u sleep, eat, and chit on.
    best move zebco ever made

7. BFTMASTER

BFTMASTER Senior Member

Zebco also has some fin-nor products as well, I live near the Zebco home base here in Tulsa. they have a garage sale every year. This year i bought a bunch of Fin-nor freshwater spinning reels for $10 each!! I think the are Quantum with a fin-nor badge.

8. Brokejeep

Brokejeep Senior Member

Zebco also has some fin-nor products as well, I live near the Zebco home base here in Tulsa. they have a garage sale every year. This year i bought a bunch of Fin-nor freshwater spinning reels for $10 each!! I think the are Quantum with a fin-nor badge.

When does this sale happen?