Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dogfight

Votes: 58 86.6%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had to buy one for popping, would you choose the Twinspin, the 18000SW, or the Dogfight? The accurate feels built like a tank, the Dogfight is gorgeous and I was told needs a simple cheap drag washer upgrade to be perfect, and the SW Stella is popular with boat fishermen. Input is much needed.

·
1,323 Posts
Honestly that's like choosing between a Ferrari, Lambo, and a Porsche. You can't go wrong with any of them, just depends on your preference and which suits your eye.

·
5,457 Posts
What are the odds? 98% of the spinning reels i see while popping are Shimano followed by Diawa and then the accurate's.

Of the those listed Ive only seen the Accurate tear up, actually 3 of them. I'm not saying the shimano and Diawa don't, but I've only seen the accurate's.

My .02 worth

FWIW

d-a

·
-- Tackle Ho --
2,784 Posts
What are the odds? 98% of the spinning reels i see while popping are Shimano followed by Diawa and then the accurate's.

Of the those listed Ive only seen the Accurate tear up, actually 3 of them. I'm not saying the shimano and Diawa don't, but I've only seen the accurate's.

My .02 worth

FWIW

d-a

Doug, question, which Accurate were they? I am looking at the accurate Twinspin 12 for small fish like 25lbs Blackfin or something like that...I wonder if they will blow up on me...

·
5,457 Posts
Doug, question, which Accurate were they? I am looking at the accurate Twinspin 12 for small fish like 25lbs Blackfin or something like that...I wonder if they will blow up on me...

They were all Twin spin 30's one of them is the one Brian has, but it was the previous owners. The fish He had on was a big YF I got to see it when it came across the stern of the Big E.

d-a

·
-- Tackle Ho --
2,784 Posts
They were all Twin spin 30's one of them is the one Brian has, but it was the previous owners. The fish He had on was a big YF I got to see it when it came across the stern of the Big E.

d-a

Thanks Doug, I guess the smaller one with smaller fish won't be too bad then.

·
Large Member
1,065 Posts
Stella. i twice saw the drag of accurate freeze. one TS20 middle of fight and a 30 that would not start then the line broke. i was told by a daiwa owner that if the drag washers in his Dogfight were not cleaned and greased after about every 5 fishes they stuck and drag spiked. he changed to carbontech.

G

·
i currently own all 3 and have never had any issues with the daiwa or the shimano. i have had issues with the twinspin 30 and twinspin50. as i type the twinspin 30 is still at accurate being repaired....rick

·
28 Posts
It looks as though I'm the only vote for Accurate! Actually I have both Accurate and Stella and in my opinion both are great reels. I would never want to choose between the 2.

·
1,323 Posts
GO with whoever provide a good service!
and we all know who does;)

I must admit, having had all 3 reels and facing their customer service dept., Shimano came out with flying colors and a mile ahead of everyone else.

·
Site Sponsor
816 Posts
I must admit, having had all 3 reels and facing their customer service dept., Shimano came out with flying colors and a mile ahead of everyone else.

that is what i am trying to let the guys know:)
None of the others company will fix your reel for free or send you a brand new reel free of charge,
the only way to know if they are good or bad is to pouch them to the limit,
and pouching to the limit is basically landing big fish with no problem on the performance after the use and abuse.

·
366 Posts
Stella all the way (ex-Accurate owner)

·
2,924 Posts
Stella 18KSW - for cool look Daiwa Saltiga Dogfight

I agree 100% if Shimano made a black spinner I would be all over it

1 - 20 of 26 Posts