Twinspin 50 suggestions?

Discussion in 'Reels' started by Staven, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Staven

Staven Senior Member

Not sure if I need to post this in the rod or here in reels, but oh well.... I just got in the new Twinspin 50, and looking at it I have no clue what rod I should match it up with.

First of all I had it spooled up with powerpro, and with no backing I only got 430 yds of 100 lb braid. So where Accurate gets 450 yds of 130 braid with mono topshot I have no clue. Anyways the one rod I thought of so far is a Zenaq Monster Buster 1000 gram rod. Any other suggestions or better suggestions?

Thanks

2. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

other than cow yellowfin and giant bluefin im not sure what you would wanna use this for...

3. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Staven,

I've been going through the same process as you. My goal with the SR50 is to catch a blue marlin on a spinning rod. I have one of the Monster Buster's, but it is conventional. It would work well with this reel. I'm thinking of replacing the guides. One fellow on the west coast choose a Super Seeker 63XXXH to use with his SR50. That's a 130# class rod.

I'm also considering cutting down a Super Seeker CJBF70H 40 (50) 60 spinning rod I own to 5'6". I pulled on it by grabbing it 5'6" from the bottom and truly believe it would become a 100# class rod. I have two of these so if it doesn't work out, so what. It will be used for trolling with the SR50.

So, did you wrap the line tight on the reel? 430 yds of 100# is a lot of line, but not as much as specified.
    Did they put the "Extreme" handle on yours? The one that comes with the B2-30, and B2-50?

4. titan05

titan05 Junior member

That reel would be a great match with a Super Seeker 6463XXXH.........I have seen that set up and it is awesome......BIG FISH RIG.

Aa far as the spectra goes......I know some people say that solid spectra equates to more line but I have found that hollow lays down flatter and I can get more onto a reel and it allows me to fish a very short top shot.

Just my opinion of course

Have fun

5. Grescobia

Grescobia Senior Member

I use a calstar 700xh for waters where there is a chance of hooking a big yellow. I wanted this rod for controlling a big tuna when the fish is near the boat (the big circle ) I am really impressed with the rod .

6. Bolo

Bolo Senior Member

You can use it to catch sharks of the surf. :)

7. Staven

Staven Senior Member

My goal with the reel is to nail a big yft in panama this summer. It is not a rig to use everyday I agree. Also here in Florida we have a good shot at nailing 200lb + sharks from the jetty / surf so I might finally try that.

I can not put my hand a seeker rod to test it so I have no clue as to how good it is. I never saw a monster buster but I have two other zenaq and love those rods.

My reel's SN is 000020. As far as I am aware the first 12 were test models. So not too bad on being #8 in the country to own one. hehe

I will post pics tonight and yes it has that offset handle on it. I love it.

8. Bolo

Bolo Senior Member

My goal with the reel is to nail a big yft in panama this summer. It is not a rig to use everyday I agree. Also here in Florida we have a good shot at nailing 200lb + sharks from the jetty / surf so I might finally try that.

I can not put my hand a seeker rod to test it so I have no clue as to how good it is. I never saw a monster buster but I have two other zenaq and love those rods.

I dont know where in Florida you live but I recommend visiting Mud Hole in Orlando. They carry a large amount of blanks from Calstar to Seeker. Bring your reel with you so you can try to match the right blank and reel seat for that bad boy.

9. Staven

Staven Senior Member

I dont know where in Florida you live but I recommend visiting Mud Hole in Orlando. They carry a large amount of blanks from Calstar to Seeker. Bring your reel with you so you can try to match the right blank and reel seat for that bad boy.

About 12 miles from mudhole:eek:

I will give it a try, i did not know they had seeker blanks there. So do I look at the super seeker blank, or now that they have jigging blanks from mudhole themselves, does anyone know if they are good blanks?

10. Bolo

Bolo Senior Member

About 12 miles from mudhole:eek:

I will give it a try, i did not know they had seeker blanks there. So do I look at the super seeker blank, or now that they have jigging blanks from mudhole themselves, does anyone know if they are good blanks?

Here is the link to their online store.

Blanks

This page listed all the manufacture blanks. I cant help you on which Seeker blank to look for since Im not fimilar with that brand. Other members can chime in or just go to Mud Hole and speak to their sales rep. Remember, bring your reel when you head over there.