Twinpower sw

Discussion in 'Reels' started by jiggawhat, Feb 10, 2009.

1. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

PLAT
    JUst wanted to see what you guys think.Anyone know when its coming out(says march but will we get it here)?

2. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

They'll only be available through certain resellers. Have to see how they're priced. Parts compatibility with Stella is pretty cool. 12000 size holds same amount of line as new Stella 10000. I've had a couple Twinpowers in the past and they look improved. Never had a problem with them. I'd bet they're still made in Japan like the Stella.
    I'd buy one (only the 12000) if the price is right.
    Fred

3. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

At $722 USD for 12000HG, you might as well get US Stella SW 10000, what's the point of spending that kind of money on the Twinpower SW, with no Shimano warranty, unless you really really wanna be different from everyone else. The drag on that Twinpower is also nowhere near a Stella's...

4. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

WHat the hell.its that much.Why even bother i thought it would be a midrange reel like the saragosa.might as well buy a stella and forget about part swapping.

5. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

WHat the hell.its that much.Why even bother i thought it would be a midrange reel like the saragosa.might as well buy a stella and forget about part swapping.

Yea, if you do the currency conversion or use USD currency on the left side of the web page, you will see the USD price. It's ridiculous.

6. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

what a rip off.well back to the drawing board for a new reel>

7. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

I'm not sure what your specific application is, but this is a good deal on ebay if you are looking for a spinning reel:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DAIWA-SALTIGA-Z5000-SPINNING-REEL-NEW-WITHOUT-BOX-JAPAN_W0QQitemZ180326189037QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item180326189037&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

With a buy it now price of $515, you can't go wrong with the Saltiga SA-Z.

This is an awesome jigging reel, but with 4.3:1 gear ratio, it's not as good for popping and casting. You can always crank faster? lol

8. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

Yeah, But look at the prices from some of the Japanese resellers on Ebay. They are much less than the conversion rate at times. The stellas for instance are over 100000 yen. Just saying, it's the closest reel to a Stella and is still manufactured in Japan. I think neither the current Sustains or Saragosa are made in Japan.
    The drags are very similar to the Stella and smooth. Way more than anyone will ever use. 22kgs?
    True, they have the same problems as other JDM reels as far as warranty. I've fished mine for years and never needed warranty. You pay your money and make your choice. I wish they were offered by Shimano US.

Fred

9. KMitchell

KMitchell Senior Member

I need to slap myself! I was watching this and let it slip by.

Shimano Twinpower 8000SWPGA - went for $383.00 new

10. d-a

d-a Senior Member

That's was a good deal.

Oh and this thread is 4 years old you resurrected.

d-a

11. KMitchell

KMitchell Senior Member

I didnt want to jump on some thread or make a new one so I searched - had to go back quite aways. I'm not sure about the diff between this one and the domestic if any. I think I coulda snabbed.

free shipping too!

12. KMitchell

KMitchell Senior Member

I hate when I watch something and then forget.

Hot Tackle has this sucka listed for $696 plus shipping. The domestic model is $778.82 plus shipping.

Doesnt seem many get these, I guess because of cost and shipping.

13. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Twin power was never a domestic reel in the US. There's a few that are in use here.

d-a