360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed down for a week of family time after the new year. Anyone have any info I could use: charters, locations, species, etc.? This will be more of a family trip but I am paying for the mother-in-law to go so I will be able to steal a day or two for me. Any help would be great, thanks.

·
110 Posts
I'm interested in what you find down there. I think I have read that the area is a reasonably good fly fishing and flats fishing destination. It looks like it has some killer flats from satellite images and I have always wondered how good the fishing was. Please post a report on your return and good luck!

·
1,699 Posts
if you are staying on Provo, look up Arthur Dean I think his website is silverdeep.com we went on our honeymoon and had an awesome time.. My second wahoo we caught on a 1/2 day charter was a 115lb hoss. he is a pretty sharp guy and great capt. Also the wall dives are insane.. 150-200ft vis. the snorkeling in the bay is good as well. Go see Boogaloo and get some fresh conch from him..( if he is still around) He will go and get you one and fix it up for you right there.. Malcome Rhodes beach on the backside of the island is pretty cool too, if it hasnt been developed yet.. You will have a great time.. where are you staying?

·
1,699 Posts
Yeah, thats where me and the wifey honeymooned, twelve years ago this weekend... Great place, great staff.. I hear that they have tripled the size of it in the past couple of years. My brother and his fam were there about a month ago and had a great time. The Kids club is great.. they wont want to come back to the room. You will have a good time.. if you do any day excursions, the concierge can have some lunches packed for you..

That is on Provo..

·
65 Posts
i went on silver deep sometimes they do like group discounts where like all the resorts try and get people together for a trip... when i went on a friday... the capt authur put us on top of some fish ended up with 3 wahoos... if i remmeber correctly they sent a bus to pick everyone up and they went to a few resorts to pick people up... when you get to your resort their might be a planner desk go and ask if they are having a special offshore fishing trip

·
Site Sponsor
1,013 Posts
Courtland ,

Fellow HH Islander , Byron Sewell is running a boat down there , not sure if you know him?

Captain Byron" stoked out" Sewell.
Turks and Caicos Sporting Club,
Professional Waterman.
cell-6492321419

1 - 9 of 9 Posts