360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

Tuna Sniper Rod Question

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  HWK 
#1 ·
Hi, Guys:

I've been lusting after one of the 8.5 ft. OTI Tuna Sniper Popping Rods, but I have not physically seen or held one. There is something that is not clear in the description: I'm sorta-kinda reading that it's a two piece rod, but I'm unclear. My concern is that I need something that would fit into a rod case along with my other 7 ft. rods. Will this rod do this?

If my target species is yft in GOM, will this be a suitable rod for throwing poppers? Or is there another rod that you would recommend? The goal is to be able to toss the poppers a long way out.

Thx.
P. F.

#3 ·
Hi, Guys:

I've been lusting after one of the 8.5 ft. OTI Tuna Sniper Popping Rods, but I have not physically seen or held one. There is something that is not clear in the description: I'm sorta-kinda reading that it's a two piece rod, but I'm unclear. My concern is that I need something that would fit into a rod case along with my other 7 ft. rods. Will this rod do this?

If my target species is yft in GOM, will this be a suitable rod for throwing poppers? Or is there another rod that you would recommend? The goal is to be able to toss the poppers a long way out.

Thx.
P. F.

It is 2 piece, but not like a freshwater rod. It has a butt joint instead of a spigot joint in the middle. Like Paul said the rod is 6ft and the handle is 33 inches combined you get the 8.5 ft length.

Oh yea the thing will cast a mile too

d-a

#4 ·
I've got the 40-60, and you are more than welcome to come up to Frisco and check it out.

Hi, Guys:

Thx.
P. F.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.