Tuna Race on Cinco Tuna

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by SkeeterRonnie, Mar 21, 2007.

1. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

ok Mr Bill....we all know you will pulverize me with the rod you are having built....

how about this idea- which dictates the use of "skill" and may keep one of us from walking off the boat dragging newly formed hemmroids(me!..LOL).

How about we use snoopy poles ( I will provide) with 50# braid and use a blackfin tuna as the target?? It would make it more of a "skill" than a brawn... BTW! WE can still race on YFT as well.... and make it a 2 out of 3 - meaning 1 race counts for YFT, and 2 races count on Blackfin tuna with the snoopy pole....

??? Sound like more of a challenge?? It does to me....;)

2. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

how about you put those fishing poles up and get upstairs and cook my dinner...lol....rick

3. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

Hey Ronnie, let's make this a real deal; first one w/ a 15# blackfin on a bass rig gets the pot. Max topshot test 14#/max braid 30#(must have @ least
    100' mono topshot, no double lines) 12-25# class bass rods only, reels have to be single speed bass-style casting reels
    say $2 each? 80 bucks to the winner? who's in?
    C'mon you big babies. who want's to see what their hi-$$ Calais can handle?
    I've got my rig & I'm ready....
    This bet is only good if the YF bite is off, because good luck getting someone to move for your little blackfin....
    -Brian

4. SkeeterRonnie

i aint tearing up any of my bass rigs.... MrBill and I have a $100 race to do. I was thinking the snoopy poles would be a good kick for all to enjoy... LMAO!!

BUT NO!! I have to stay upstairs and cook McGolfer's DINNER!!! LOL!! YOu aint eating at 2 in the morning!!! hehe

5. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Have I frightened you?

Attached Files:

6. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

Brian,

A 15lb blackfin on a bass rig? No real challenge in that! If you want to make it more interesting, make it 100 yards of line, MAX!

Can I use an Avet SX, Trevala MH rod, and 14lb line? And is it jigging, popper or bait?

Tom - DBG

7. SkeeterRonnie

lol... not you- the broomstick rod!!! LOL!!

8. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

If Rick's not fishing -which is hardly never- he's eating or drinking coca-cola from a glass bottle!

Forget about sleeping!

9. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Skeeter,
    "It's not the tool. It is the workman."
    Are you going to wear a Pink Lace speedo on this trip? :eek:
    :D

10. SkeeterRonnie

Only Pink Lacey stuff is gonna be hanging off my jig, not my ass!! LOL!! Dont underestimate the underdawg....sometimes I can suprise you... hehe. This is gonna be a fun trip!! 6 weeks from today- will be loading and leaving. Have to get down there and get some fishing in before I get on the "slave boat"!!! :)

11. SkeeterRonnie

BTW~ McGolfer- May I offer you a "scopolamine" patch... hehe!! Dramanine for me.

12. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

Suggestion for you guys on Cinco trip.

Try to fish 6lb IGFA line and catch the biggest blackfin or yft win the pot. it might be more fun than 15lb line.

13. SkeeterRonnie

lol.. we may have our line cut if we take more than 15 minutes to land a blackfin....

14. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

No we don't, IF we get the whole boat to participate LOL.

We will be about 50 mile from the rig by the time every one caught their fish.

15. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I'm not into ultra light fishing. You guys go for it.

First off, those BF's at the floaters are young, dumb, and very small. I don't think I've ever seen very many hit the 15# mark. Big BF's are inshore. I also don't get very excited about BF's anyway. I only use them for bait. I'll jig up a few (if they are present) for the chunk pile.

16. SkeeterRonnie

well after playing with my harness today.... ITS ON!!! YOU"RE GOING DOWN BILLY!!!! hehehehe

17. DeepBlueGulf

Minnows,

I remember the GEM trip on the Akela where you tried to get the big YFT to the boat on the TLD-5!! That was awesome fishing!! I've got a TLD-5 squirreled away just for that purpose, but never have found the right rod for it.

Tom - DBG

18. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

ITS ON!!! YOU"RE GOING DOWN BILLY!!!! hehehehe

:cool:

Attached Files:

19. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

MrBill,
    I've seen and caught some BF at the floater's in the 25 to 30 pound range. To be honest they are a lot of fun on light tackle (30#).

20. SkeeterRonnie

Mr Bill... I have been watching the west coast videos all day.... I think I got this harness deal down and the proper technique to KICK YOUR BUTT!!! HEHEHEHEHE!!!

21. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Mr Bill... I have been watching the west coast videos all day.... I think I got this harness deal down and the proper technique to KICK YOUR BUTT!!! HEHEHEHEHE!!!

Sometimes you just can't beat the bull. Better watch those videos some more and pack extra underwear.

Attached Files:

22. DeepBlueGulf

I don't need no steenkin harness!!

DBG

23. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

C'mon, smartass, bring a bass rig. biggest fish @ the end of the trip?
    If I can boat a 100# YFT on a 30# rig, surely you can top that.....
    I promise I won't make you wear your pink panties when you lose.
    they don't call me lite-liner for nothin!
    (Insert scalding cuda joke here.)
    -Brian

24. SkeeterRonnie

lol. no 30# tackle... 38 other people on the boat that want to fish too.... :) We CAN have a piggy perch fishoff ??? with snoopy gear and 4# test??