360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok Mr Bill....we all know you will pulverize me with the rod you are having built....

how about this idea- which dictates the use of "skill" and may keep one of us from walking off the boat dragging newly formed hemmroids(me!..LOL).

How about we use snoopy poles ( I will provide) with 50# braid and use a blackfin tuna as the target?? It would make it more of a "skill" than a brawn... BTW! WE can still race on YFT as well.... and make it a 2 out of 3 - meaning 1 race counts for YFT, and 2 races count on Blackfin tuna with the snoopy pole....

??? Sound like more of a challenge?? It does to me....;)

·
Super Moderator
6,409 Posts
Hey Ronnie, let's make this a real deal; first one w/ a 15# blackfin on a bass rig gets the pot. Max topshot test 14#/max braid 30#(must have @ least
100' mono topshot, no double lines) 12-25# class bass rods only, reels have to be single speed bass-style casting reels
say $2 each? 80 bucks to the winner? who's in?
C'mon you big babies. who want's to see what their hi-$$ Calais can handle?
I've got my rig & I'm ready....
This bet is only good if the YF bite is off, because good luck getting someone to move for your little blackfin....
-Brian

·
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i aint tearing up any of my bass rigs.... MrBill and I have a $100 race to do. I was thinking the snoopy poles would be a good kick for all to enjoy... LMAO!!

BUT NO!! I have to stay upstairs and cook McGolfer's DINNER!!! LOL!! YOu aint eating at 2 in the morning!!! hehe

·
665 Posts
Brian,

A 15lb blackfin on a bass rig? No real challenge in that! If you want to make it more interesting, make it 100 yards of line, MAX!

Can I use an Avet SX, Trevala MH rod, and 14lb line? And is it jigging, popper or bait?

Tom - DBG

·
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Only Pink Lacey stuff is gonna be hanging off my jig, not my ass!! LOL!! Dont underestimate the underdawg....sometimes I can suprise you... hehe. This is gonna be a fun trip!! 6 weeks from today- will be loading and leaving. Have to get down there and get some fishing in before I get on the "slave boat"!!! :)

·
2,835 Posts
I'm not into ultra light fishing. You guys go for it.

First off, those BF's at the floaters are young, dumb, and very small. I don't think I've ever seen very many hit the 15# mark. Big BF's are inshore. I also don't get very excited about BF's anyway. I only use them for bait. I'll jig up a few (if they are present) for the chunk pile.

·
665 Posts
Minnows,

I remember the GEM trip on the Akela where you tried to get the big YFT to the boat on the TLD-5!! That was awesome fishing!! I've got a TLD-5 squirreled away just for that purpose, but never have found the right rod for it.

Tom - DBG

·
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mr Bill... I have been watching the west coast videos all day.... I think I got this harness deal down and the proper technique to KICK YOUR BUTT!!! HEHEHEHEHE!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.