Tuna and Wahoo...Venice La.

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by Super Strike, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Super Strike

Super Strike Member

We have been lagging in reports lately but we have been steady fishing on the days the weather will allow us to. Some days have been good and others haven't been slow as far as catching fish but not catching the species we were after. The highlights of the past couple of weeks is Dan Forney and crew with their 180lb. Yellowfin Tuna, Capt. Josh and his crew caught a 150lb. yellow and a 100lb. Yellow along with a few scamp grouper, Capt. Bob had a 130lber and a 90lber, I had a few wahoo in my catch and 1 85lb. Yellow last Wed. Friday Capt. Bob caught a mess of wahoo, the largest going 70lbs. The fishing has been very good, the weather has been unpredictable as usual this time of the year, but when we do make the right call and get offshore there are alot of smiling faces. The fishing should remain like this thru March and into April. We've got dates available this month and next so if your looking to experience some incredible fishing and probably catch your personal best this is a great time to go. For the next couple of months we will still be targeting Tuna and Wahoo, as well as Amberjack and Grouper. We've got the video up for Dan Forneys 180lber and should have Robert Blumes wahoo and Tuna catching video up by the morning. Check them out </title> <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8" /> </head> <body> </html> <html> <head> <title> Venice Louisiana Fishing. Sport Fishing Charters in Venice Louisiana. Super Strike Charters - Fishing Videos

Damon McKnight
    Super Strike Charters
    1 800 318 1720
    Venice Louisiana Fishing. Sport Fishing Charters in Venice Louisiana.
    Venice Louisiana Fishing. Sport Fishing Charters in Venice Louisiana. Super Strike Charters - Fishing Photos
    Email: [email protected]

Attached Files:

• 687.jpg
      687.jpg
      File size:
      110.8 KB
      Views:
    • 686.jpg
      686.jpg
      File size:
      49.8 KB
      Views:
    • 685.jpg
      685.jpg
      File size:
      65.1 KB
      Views:
    • 684.jpg
      684.jpg
      File size:
      66.5 KB
      Views:
    • 683.jpg
      683.jpg
      File size:
      109.6 KB
      Views:
    • 682.jpg
      682.jpg
      File size:
      112.9 KB
      Views:
    • 681.jpg
      681.jpg
      File size:
      99.4 KB
      Views:
    • 680.jpg
      680.jpg
      File size:
      52.2 KB
      Views:
    • 679.jpg
      679.jpg
      File size:
      115.6 KB
      Views:
    • 678.jpg
      678.jpg
      File size:
      126.4 KB
      Views:
    • 676.jpg
      676.jpg
      File size:
      64.9 KB
      Views:
    • 677.jpg
      677.jpg
      File size:
      64.1 KB
      Views:
  2. DanS

DanS Senior Member

Anyone in Venice flash freezing fish? Or has that service not yet recovered from Katrina?

I want to explore the possibility of shipping my catch home via FedEx.

3. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Nice catches!!!

4. BFTMASTER

BFTMASTER Senior Member

Am I crazy that I like the taste of Wahoo better than Yellowfin?

Seems like when I steak-out a wahoo at about 1", then cook it creole style, I could win some kind of contest.

Little bit of dirty rice, some fried plantains, and a cup of blue crab bisque.

Man I need to head to Louisiana soon.

5. Awesome!! That just seems to be a GREAT fishery down there!
    Thanks for the pictures and reports...

Chris

6. SteelingHeads

SteelingHeads Senior Member

That last Tuna at the bottom sure is a Fatty!

7. txseadog

txseadog Moderator

You're not the only one.

8. awesum

awesum Senior Member

Not at all.:rolleyes:

It's a close call between Wahoo and African Pompano for me as being the best. They are both more versatile than Yellowfin when it comes to my own tastes and culinary abilities.:D

9. BFTMASTER

BFTMASTER Senior Member

Too bad you have to burn a bunch of gas to catch em!

10. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

Ono is my favorite fish steak. They're also my favorite to cut and trim, real easy to make perfect. Gotta get some soon.

Fred

11. Cutter

Cutter Junior member

Anyone in Venice flash freezing fish? Or has that service not yet recovered from Katrina?

I want to explore the possibility of shipping my catch home via FedEx.

I am not aware of any facility that can flash freeze in Venice. I was also interested in this when I was down for 3 days in January. My search for the ability to flash freeze came up empty. Venice Marina does have a big ISO container that they have converted into a freezer (for bait, ice, etc) , and I asked them if I could store my vaccume packed fish in their big freezer, and they said sure no problem. It worked out ok. the fish was not rock solid when I left, but better than my alternative of keeping them cold/frozen (e.g. my own ice chest full of ice).