360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
83 Posts
I debated between XP, Indicator & Daiwa Boat Braid.
Love the XP, just not enough info on the idicator so I went with Daiwa for the new rig.

·
122 Posts
I debated the same thing, Daiwa Boat Braid vs the XP Indicator. Tuf-line XP has had pretty good reviews and didn't think that the indicator could be that much different. Considering the Tuf-line was more inline with my budget (i.e., cheaper), I decided to give it a shot.

·
724 Posts
I just called Western Filament. The 80# solid is 8 carrier and the 80# hollow is 16 carrier. The 65# solid is 6 carrier and the 60# hollow is 12 carrier. The gentleman I spoke with said the knot and abrasion strength is higher with the solid.

·
724 Posts
I just ordered a 300 yd. spool of 65# test Tuf-Line XP Indicator braid for $25.66 That's a very good price. I'll let ya'll know how I like it.

·
182 Posts
What about the Sufix Performance Braid Metered, another brand to consider.

New Metered Performance Braid is just the ticket to make sure your lure is working the depth where fish are holding. This premium braid features Five Colors with a solid color change every 25'. That sequence repeats for 8 full rounds on the 333 yd. spool. With this color register you'll save valuable time and gain confidence by getting the lure down to the right depth.

·
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I think right now the Tuf-line indicator is the lowest priced out there. What I like about it is it only has 3 colors which changes every 10 feet. Much easier to keep track how deep you are.

·
168 Posts
I just ordered a 300 yd. spool of 65# test Tuf-Line XP Indicator braid for $25.66 That's a very good price. I'll let ya'll know how I like it.

Where did you ordered it from? How easy is it to splice?

·
487 Posts
Not sure where Dave got his from, but I just ordered 1200 65 lb yds from shoplonglines.com for 78.xx shipped.

That's a super deal. I just ordered some from elsewhere and am regretting it!

·
724 Posts
I believe you can buy it from Salty Water Tackle. To splice it you will need to splice a section of hollow core on the end to form a loop.

·
487 Posts

Dave, I have 65# and 80# XP and XP indicator. I love the 80# and find it much easier to tie knots than the 65#. It probably has more strands.

Post you opinions once you use it.

·
Site Sponsor
1,212 Posts
Tuf-Line XP Indicator braid is solid, not hollow, and cannot be spliced. ABS and abrasion resistance of the hollow is much higher and of course CAN be spliced.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts