TSA Tourney!

Discussion in 'Freshwater fishing reports' started by PiePuncher, Oct 20, 2006.

1. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

I will be fishing the tourney this weekend. We will see if our honey hole pays off for a third tourney in a row. We were going to enter the last TSA tourney but figured we would wait, turns out we would have won the tourney by a longshot. Well, we plan on doing the same this weekend. I will post results when we get back and wish us the best of luck guys. I have a good feeling about this tournament, i just hope the fish are still on the same pattern and hope the cold fronts havent changed things too much. Good luck to me and will be back with photos and results.

2. bighead

bighead Senior Member

Hey PP, be aware that the lake level is rising fast and the lake is muddied up some. Good luck in the tourny! Bert

3. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

4. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Tear 'em up Keith!!!

5. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

6. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

Whats up guys!!!!! We won first place in the tourney and got some cash to go with it.. Thanks for being so supportive. Bighead, thanks for the heads up, it saved our butts. We got out and it was tough to find fish at first because of the change of depth, water clarity and wind but I had already been thinking about these things thanks to you(birds were working but I knew what was under them,dinks). The water is waaaayyyyy up but I still pulled through. I knew we had been smoking the totals of the last three weighins and figured it was time to put the cash where my mouth is! I do tend to talk some trash but I walked the walk. Thanks guys and I couldnt be happier. Our total weight was like 16 something and second was around 11. Was a rough day for everyone but us. AWESOME
    By the way, we could have weighed our smallest fish and still won the tourney. We also won the big fish pot.
    The magic lure today turned out to be ratLtraps. The water was real muddy, so we decided to throw something that put out some flash and a little noise and sure enough the fish responded. I usually dont goto traps for stripes but today it worked and all traps used were 1oz. The fish are holding the shallows all day, morning or afternoon. While everyone else headed to the deep, we stayed shallow.

Keith

7. bighead

bighead Senior Member

Good job Keith!!! That's pretty good when a guy can predict the outcome of a tourny a week in advance!!!

8. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

Congratulation.

Any picture?

9. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

tyhe cash ought to buy you a few new diapers..congratulations....rick

10. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Ross called and told me. Awesome!

11. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Good job Keith... lets see some pics..

12. PiePuncher

PiePuncher Senior Member

No Pics. The TSA directors did take pics and I am sure they will be posted on their site. We were tired and were ready to clean the boat and get home. We left for the tourney at 2 a.m and didnt goto bed till 12. Yeah, sorry no pics and I usually take quite a few. If some pop up, I will post them.
    Rick, I just bought plenty of diapers yesterday with some of the cash. I think I got like 200 or something from sams..lol Today I will go and get a new rod and reel(Quantum energy and St.Croix rod, maybe a new cabo). You read my mind...
    Thanks for the support and I look forward to fishing the 2007 Tournament trail. The TSA fishes all the lakes that I fish often. Lewisville, Texoma, Tawakoni, and buchanon. I dont fish buchanon but that lake is the home lake of a good friend of mine. We should do well and hopefully win it all.
    I wont make it back down to the coast till Thanksgiving and maybe my birthday on the 16th, so until then Texoma will get fished hard.

See you guys and thanks

keith