Trying to get a trip together

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by 2busy, Sep 24, 2008.

1. 2busy

2busy Senior Member

3 of us are trying to book a trip up to 48 hrs out of port aransas.We need 9 more people willing to go. cost will be around $675 each. Nov 11. This is the only date available. PM me if interested and i'll try to have all the info. You can PM wishn4fishin also. 12 people on the pelican.

I have not fished with them but according to the people running it they usually limit out on YF,AJ and all the bf you want.

2. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Wrong days of the week for me.

3. SSFIREMSN

SSFIREMSN Senior Member

Send me a PM [email protected] with all the info. I may have a few people that will want to go. Is that with deep sea headquarters.? Thanks Steve

4. 2busy

2busy Senior Member

5. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

You won't be disappointed with that trip. If you can go in the middle of the week and maybe if you missed Siete, this'd be good. Capt John Brennan is one of the best on the coast. I'm checking my calendar.

Fred

6. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

2Busy - I'm in gimmedeal's party of three but need another slot if one is still available. That would make 4 slots for gimmedeal.

Thanks

Louis

[email protected]

7. 2busy

2busy Senior Member

I am waiting to get confirmation on those that have responded to see if there are any slots open.

8. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

Thanks - Could you verify Gimmedeal has 3 slots then add us to the waiting list for another slot? Our money is in hand :)

9. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

DSH is an excellent outfit! boats are a little spartan, but they were built for fishing, not watching TV :) They are my favorite! I have been nothing short of pleased fishing on the Gulf Eagle! (pelican is her sister). Those Capt's know where the fish are at!

10. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

the port a boats are the reason i bought an offshore boat...lol...they are fishable but not very many creature comforts. be prepared for a long slow boat ride.....rick

11. 2busy

2busy Senior Member

7 confirmed , only 5 slots left.

12. 2busy

2busy Senior Member

This trip isnt paid for by us. it is open to anyone who calls the deep sea headquarters and pays their money. I was playing middle man . Getting info second hand. For those that pm'd me today i relayed what the cost was as of this morning. If you want on the Nov. 11 trip on the pelican , call the deep sea headquarters office and pay for your party. Their number is 800-705-3474.

I'm sorry if i sounded like it was all paid for at this time.I should of said that there is a trip out of port aransas and their are still open spots available.Live and learn .Hopefully the ones interested will secure their positions. we are not the ones receiving the money, it should be sent to the boat. hope i didnt mislead you. I'm a greenhorn at this and didnt ask for it. Just didnt word it right.

13. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

I think Captain Brennan's boat cruises 16-18 knots.

the port a boats are the reason i bought an offshore boat...lol...they are fishable but not very many creature comforts. be prepared for a long slow boat ride.....rick

14. Cudakilla

Cudakilla Senior Member

I checked their website and it seems they do pretty good on the long range Tuna trips. Check out their photo gallery from this time last year. Reckon we'll get into the same action?

Sorry have a few questions.

How many people max on that charter?

Any limitations as to gear, type of line and style of fishing etc? Popping, jigging etc..

Do they follow the same style as on the Big E?

How is the weather that time of the year?

Thanks for posting this up! I am going to see if I can make it.

15. 2busy

2busy Senior Member

If any one has had trouble getting on this trip. You will have to tell them you want on the trip booked under Rick Mitchell. We have talked to them tonight and they understand now ,that , Individuals will be sending the money under their name for the Mitchell trip.You have to reference the pelican trip for Nov.11 for Rick Mitchell.

Scott,Greg or Danny should not have a problem getting you on the list to go.Hopefully all the bugs are worked out now.

16. 2busy

2busy Senior Member

Cudakiller, Personally i cant tell you anything about the type of fishing as i have never fished the boat,

It was a trip we found after the big e cancelled. We just wanted to go fishing and figured this looked like one we could do.

17. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

these guys TAUGHT the Big E how to tuna fish. :) Be prepared for an excellent trip with excellent captain and crew! no line limitations- only rule is to listen to the crew and get the fish in the boat :) Fish how ya want.. topwaters off the bow, jigs off the leading side, chunks off the other side :) you will be pleasantly suprised.. bring your meals precooked, and they have a small microwave to heat things up in. pack light- you need a sleeping bag, some sort of pillow, your clothes and 48 quart cooler(limit size- so it will slip up under the benches outside), and a box of wetwipes... the wetwipes are basically your "poor mans shower" :) Sleep all the way out, and be ready to fish at sunset.. they troll around the rigs until the sun sets, then start plugggin for tuna until sunrise, then head to the AJ/grouper grounds for the day.... ya better sleep when the boat moves because the fish they put you on are HUGE!

18. rtran

rtran Senior Member

16-18 knot is not too bad.

19. 2busy

2busy Senior Member

I'll break it down for ya'll. this is the way it worked. We latched on to this charter because of the big e cancelling. We didnt have the funds to pay the entire $6000 for 12 people to fill up this trip. So we reserved it and have offered it to anyone that wishes to go . Basically you have a $500 deposit that you send to the boat. 12 people max times 500 would equal the 6000 price tag . On top of that is a fuel charge at this mornings prices was around $1950 . now divide that by the passangers equally and everyone pays the same amount. So hopefully a good trip for under $700 up to 48 hrs. This is an excellent chance for small parties to get together and make this trip happen.

Hopefully everything is clear now.This was a chartered trip that was previously cancelled. With all the trips and charters affected by Ike , we just couldnt pass this up and hoped to get enough to fill the boat.

20. BAOSABI

BAOSABI Senior Member

I will call my crew Cudakilla and longgar to see if they will join me on this trip.
    Hope there are some spots left. I don't wake up till 2:00pm.