360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all guys. Have had a hell of a time finding an answer to how to make these things. Not sure if its even doable but i am looking to see if you can make the durable trolling skirt materials to pour your own colors into and what not. I assume its some type of pvc like material poured into a tube/squid head shape and then you cut the tails yourself.

Any products or materials suggested would be greatly appreciated thank you.

·
2,067 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply but im talking about how to make the octopus skirts. I am well familiar on whats out there im just curious on how they make the actual octopus skirt material and thats something i cannot find anywhere on the inter web. Only thing i can find is soft plastic skirt molds but they would last 1 tooth of a fish. trolling skirts are much more durable and i cant seem to find anyone who actually makes the skirts themselves.

·
22 Posts
Back in the day Z-man & Fishsizzle had all their skirts made in Vietnam. There is a gentleman in Pawleys Island that put that together for them...I still have some off shore lures that z-man gave me 13 years ago and they are still catching fish.

·
5,693 Posts
The Silicone used in skirts is not a RTV reaction compound. It is a high Temp, high pressure, injection product..........it is simply not DIY technique capable.
Unfortunately it requires very expensive industrial scale equipment.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Denis, long time no talk. Once again thank you for the advice. That makes sense now as to why they are a bit pricey.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts