Triple Fish Chum flavored leader

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by anglerinshore, Mar 5, 2009.

1. anglerinshore

anglerinshore Member

Does anyone know anything about Triple fish line? I saw a fishing show where they were using the new Triple Fish Chum flavored leader material. They make it up to 100lbs. and claim it's good for anything from Wahoo to grouper and snapper. I have heard the line is good, but only from lake fisherman in smaller pound lines. Do you think it would work for AJ's? Maybe that extra edge with the smell? What do you guys think?

2. anglerinshore

anglerinshore Member

Here's some info on the line:

This leader makes scents! It’s like a dinner bell for fish.

This innovative leader material is infused with the flavor and intense scent of baitfish that’s irresistibly attractive.
    Couple that with the world-famous toughness of Triple Fish and you’ll be attracted to Chum line® too.
    Fantastic for all species in fresh or saltwater - walleye to wahoo.

Especially effective on grouper and snapper.

The "Original" angler friendly WRIST Spool dispenser.
    Keeps both hands free while rigging.

Available: 6, 8, 10, 12, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 80 and 100-lb. test.

3. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

Well, even if it works, do you want the fish to hit your lure/bait or your line? lol... I think the objective is to have the fish swallow the lure/bait instead of your line.

4. papio

papio Senior Member

Yeah, it can't hurt. Sure to up your line strikes percentage, hehehe.

5. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

BTW when are we going fishing ???:D

Man, the winds are crazy right now, I have no idea yet, it needs to slow down some to be safe out there. :mad:

6. BAOSABI

BAOSABI Senior Member

Wouldn't your tackle bag smell like "chum" after a couple of spools?

7. anglerinshore

anglerinshore Member

yeah, i wasn't sure what to think about it. i saw a show where they were using it, but they were bass fishing with minnows so not sure it was actually helping.

8. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

I don't buy it in theory or in practice. how much chum could honestly be in a spool of mono or FC line? realistically, not a whole lot. Whether or not I think it'd even be good for the line is another story, but think of it like this:

how much chum could be in say a 100yd spool of fluorocarbon line? if we are to be generous, lets say its the amount of one whole sardine. well - would you think that throwing a sardine into the gulf while chunking will make schools of yellowfin appear? Probably not.

while its a neat idea in concept - I think this is just a gimmick meant to catch fisherman, not fish :)

9. BFTMASTER

BFTMASTER Senior Member

Anytime someone says, "It's like a dinner bell for fish" I call bullshit.

I think I would spend my money on something better like a telescopic fishing pole or flying lures.

10. rtran

rtran Senior Member

Id rather tie a knot around a laundry release ball with chum inside and treble hooks all over it