Trevala question

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by jtl720, Apr 24, 2009.

1. jtl720

jtl720 Junior member

I am wondering what the differences are between the orginal and the F series. I am looking at the TCSXXH58 and the TFSXX58. I am planning on matching either of these with a spheros reel. What size would be best 14000 or 18000? Please help thank you.

2. A.whitman

A.whitman Senior Member

the biggest difference in the two is the guides. the original xxh uses alconite, whlie the f series uses sic. ive had both and the action isnt much different. the older are more parabolic and the f series is a little faster.
    for the money i would get an oti 600g and call it a day. just my .02$
    the spheros 14000 and 18000 are the same reel with different sized spools. go for the 18000. you can never have to much line. pm me if you want more info.

Andrew

3. spineyman

spineyman Senior Member

jtl720: I second the idea of getting an OTI even the 300 gr has more backbone than any of the Trevallas. I have a barefoot 4' 10" 400 gr rod that cost 60 bucks plus shipping that has more backbone than the Trevallas. I own 2 and a Barefoot and an OTI and there is no comparison with performance.

4. A.whitman

A.whitman Senior Member

400g is a beast too <----- jealous

5. spineyman

spineyman Senior Member

come on over and you can use it.

6. Boston Tangler

Boston Tangler Site Sponsor

I am wondering what the differences are between the orginal and the F series. I am looking at the TCSXXH58 and the TFSXX58. I am planning on matching either of these with a spheros reel. What size would be best 14000 or 18000? Please help thank you.

For fluke and sea bass its a great rod :cool:

Get a #60 or better tuna and you'll be wishing for the OTI.

Having had oppty to fish the OTI 600/400, JM, Carpenter - light years ahead. Spend the extra $$$ you'll be happier you did.

BTW I have the TCSXXH8 - its now my deep drop sea bass and fluke rod no lie

7. ty2philly

ty2philly Senior Member

I also agree with the previous post: The Barefoot Rod is a better choice. And of course the OTI is even better.

I have the Barefoot 4'10" 400g and the 5'2" 250g rods, both are nice rods for the money. Even better is the Hopper Rods. I have the 5'8" 600g Hopper rod, which is a beast of a rod (for the money). Better still, I have the OTI 600g 5'6" rod.

The good thing is you have plenty of reasonably priced options available to you. Like "Boston Tangler" said, spend the little extra money and you will be happier.

Good luck with which ever rod you finally decide on.

Ty

8. obtuseangler

obtuseangler Junior member

Ty,

How are doing?

What reel do you match that 600g rod with, the ishidai?