Travel time: Houston-Venice

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by Mitchw123456, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Mitchw123456

Mitchw123456 Senior Member

I'm getting ready to make the haul friday morning and was wondering if anyone has made this run recently that could give me a guestimate on how long its going to take. thanks

2. Grescobia

Grescobia Senior Member

tyler texas is 500 miles to venus. Dallas is another 2 hours. when I go it usually a 10 hr trip.

3. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

We just came back to Austin from Venice on Tuesday. We left Venice at 4:45 a.m. and my memory is that we made it to Houston about 1:00 p.m. So that would be a total of about 8 hours. We stopped a couple of times for coffee and some re-arranging of the trailer. Of course, we avoided the worst part of New Orleans traffic around sixish, and a lot depends on N.O. and Houston traffic. We only found washboard roads in two stretches--one was somewhere in the Atchefalaya-Baton Rouge run (I wasn't driving so I'm not sure exactly where), and the other down south of New Orleans. Neither one was more than a few miles.

Russ

4. Mitchw123456

Mitchw123456 Senior Member

alright thanks I was figuring on about 7-8 hours. I'm going to be leaving around 7am so I should miss the new orleans traffic.