360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A co-worker of mine has 300 acres just south of Freer and pulled this dramatic photo off of his trail cam just about a week before the season opened.

Look at the size of this cat. That's a full grown south Texas brush country 10 point buck it's dragging.

And it was a drought year?

Hope you enjoy this pic.

Bobby

·
1,095 Posts
That would make me nervous going to a stand before daylight.

You wouldn't want to climb up into the stand in the dark, open the door, and find that thing sleeping inside!! Mad ringtails are bad enough, but that thing.. no way!

·
1,699 Posts
Wow... I would have a gun in my hand at all times and always be looking over my shoulder......

·
1,201 Posts
Dogs get snatched around here by big cats fairly regularly. There was an article a week ago in the paper about a 125# dog that wound up as a cats dinner.

·
513 Posts
a cat's gotta eat! he took some risk with that buck...
nice pic, I need to get a remote camera for my woods, with all the fishers, bobcats and coyotes around, nothing that big though.

·
899 Posts
a cat's gotta eat! he took some risk with that buck...
nice pic, I need to get a remote camera for my woods, with all the fishers, bobcats and coyotes around, nothing that big though.

Hey, can I please rent that cat? We have SO MANY hogs at our lease that I wish we had at least 20 of those cats around. Our deer season was quite poor, and we believe that the pigs are finding and eating the fawns when they are born, not to mention just flat out running the deer out of the county. Seriously, I'd love to rent the cat, and I'll even supply the anti-cholesterol pills which he'll need eating so much pork!

Please drop off the cat at the intersection of FM 600 and Rockdale Rd. in Haskell County. Just mail me the bill, and I'll get a check right out!

·
1,201 Posts
Hey, can I please rent that cat? We have SO MANY hogs at our lease that I wish we had at least 20 of those cats around.

If you really have a hog problem, and it's legal to shoot them, I'll shoot as many as you could possibly want shot. I'll bring the ammo and not even take a single pig home - I don't eat animals other than fish.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts