360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
2,622 Posts
Own some and no I do not think it would hold up to any tuna over 20#'s. They're primarily a bass lure but they do work well for snook. Except for all the dead snook floating here due to "global warming" causing the inshore temps to fall below 46*.

·
271 Posts
Braid makes a jointed swimbait that should work. I bought one to try out but a cuda got it before a tuna was able to take a bite.

·
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I,ve seen a very similar jointed lure ( dont ask me brand name ) work well for our average YFT Tunas.

seen the jointed-head teaser for marlin yet?......

and their word is.....

NEPTUNE 2 piece teaser is 23 Inches of pure mayhem. This teaser will thrash along looking exactly like a football tuna, tail whipping like crazy and dragging down a smoke trail nearly 2 feet WIDE! It brings Marlin up from the deep first with it's clicking sounds as the 2 pieces smack rhythmically together then as the fish comes into visual range the smoke trail is unmissable it's so big. Captains have reported Marlin attacking this lure with a ferocity they have never seen before in all their years of fishing

:rolleyes:

:D

·
1,482 Posts
the crazy owner of Sebile Lours is running the huge swimbaits with assist hooks off a solid ring ahead of the whole lure for tuna - that dude's crazy!

they make these up to around 9" long i think, pretty bad ass.

Magic Swimmer

if you havnt seen these things, they are pretty sweet!!
Sebile in action :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts