Tom Titus (Ragman) could use some help.

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by TOO, Oct 12, 2009.

1. TOO

TOO Senior member

Folks, just found out that Tom Titus' (aka Ragman) 11 year old daughter has severely injured her back a few weeks ago.
    It's not life threatening, but very serious. Having a 10 year old daughter, I can't imagine how I would act if it was my daughter.

The Titus family has insurance, but it only covers so much, and as such they've got a lot of bills, expenses, and other costs to be paid.

We are setting up a donation account for anyone that wishes to help the Titus family out with two ways of paying.
    1. Paypal through T.O.O. at: [email protected]
    2. Mailed donations to:
    Compass Bank c/o Madeline Titus
    2200 West Southlake Boulevard
    Southlake, TX 76092
    (817) 416-9672

100% of the donations through Paypal and regular mail will go to the medical bills and cost of Madeline, nothing else.
    We initiated this action completely on our own, as we know that Tom has helped out others and we know how hard it is to consider accepting help.

One thing Tom has insisted on, is that the Titus family will pay everyone back as soon as possible. We know folks don't donate expecting to be paid back, but that's something between the Titus family, and the donors. Any donation will simply help ease one aspect of their troubles for a while.
    A lot of folks know Tom and know his character, and I vouch for him.
    Those that donate, please include a full name, address, and phone number either in the email, or in the mailing.
    We know times are tough for lots of folks, but helping those in a bind as Madeline and the Titus family are is what looking out for others is all about.
    Compass Bank is closed today, but we will have everything in place on Tuesday for any donations mailed to the bank.
    If you can help out please do so, any amount will help, and understand that Tom will insist on repaying you as soon as he can.

Obliged,
    Willie
    Texas Outdoor Organizers

2. Argo

Argo Senior Member

ragman has been around the forums since well before his daughter was born. he is a diehard tuna/big game fisherman. hopefully he will get a little assistance but I am sure he will prevail. hope all his well tom......

3. semipro

semipro Senior Member

She will be in my prays and I will send some..Can happen to anybody.

4. TOO

TOO Senior member

Quick update on what is in place.
    Mr. Julio Rodriguez, manager of the Southlake Compass Bank has gone out of his way to do all that we need to make sure this account is handled properly. Mr. Rodriguez even offers to dive to the Titus house or office for any paperwork needing to be signed.
    Mr. Rodriguez has everything in place and everyone at his Compass Bank aware and looking for Madeline Titus mailings.
    The address again is:
    Compass Bank c/o Madeline Titus Fund
    2200 West Southlake Boulevard
    Southlake, TX 76092
    (817) 416-9672

Please make the check out to "Tom Titus", and write "Madeline Titus Fund "in the memo section if you would to make things go easier. Mr. Rodriguez and Compass Bank Southlake will do the rest.
    We've had a great response in the last 24 hours from the emails/posts we've made, and it is greatly appreciated. No donation is too small.

If anyone needs any information of this effort, feel free to call Mr.Rodriguez at the above number or me at (210)215-3877 and we'll try to answer them.
    If you want to help by Paypal, we'l take payments at [email protected]

Semi, exactly, sometimes the unexpected is a big one and it takes other factors to get things back on an even keel. This is one time where folks can step up and help out.

Argo, appreciate the postings you made here and elsewhere. Ragman was approaching All-Star status with the GEM trips, OTI, Big E trips, etc, and is just generally an upbeat, positive, glass half full type of guy.
    He didn't ask for assistance, we did, and I guarantee he's doing all in his power to not need assistance, but dang it, some support from folks when needed is what made this country the greatest.
    Quick story, 6-7 years ago, Tom read that we were putting together a 24 hour run & gun tuna trip. He knew the guys on that trip didn't have any gear that was above partyboat level.
    He offered to loan the group his backup 50# class rig, without personally knowing anyone on the trip. He went out his way returning home after a 60 hour (or longer) DD tuna trip to get this rig to me.
    Turns out the "backup" rig was a custom Seeker Black Steel rod with a TLD 25 or 30 on it, braid backing, etc. Had to be $300-$400 rig all together. Trusted me and us with this rig, just wanted us to be prepared if we were to get into some big YFT. That's the type of guys he is.
    (BTW, I was scared to use the rig, too dang pretty, was afraid I'd ruin it, lose, break it, something)
    He and his family is in a financial pinch, we're trying to help them have one less thing to worry about for a while.

Willie
    Texas Outdoor Organizers

5. jureal

jureal Senior Member

Thanks Willie for your efforts. Please check your email.

6. jureal

jureal Senior Member

Mostly a bump....but Willie, did you get my email?

7. TOO

TOO Senior member

Just a refresher for those that might have forgotten but had planned to do something for the Titus family.
    Every time I'm doing something with my kids, I think about how it would be for us if we had to go through this.
    Help if you can, mail to Compass, Paypal to us, whatever can be afforded will be appreciated.
    Those that did donate/help out it won't be forgotten by us and most importantly by the Titus family.

Jureal, did get the email and responded.

Willie
    Texas Outdoors Organizers