Tokara Islands Japan

Discussion in 'Saltywater Tackle' started by Nick, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Aneil

Aneil Senior Member

Great write up nick! Thanks for sharing!

2. Nick

Nick Site Sponsor

Many thanks! It was an awesome trip for Sami and I and hopefully we can do it again! Just a very long way to travel but well worth it! Especially all the new products and toys we saw and ordered!

Hi john, Totally agree, We were walking around Osaka at night with no worries and we would leave all our tackle, luggage etc out at Fukui-sans house at night plus on the boat. I asked several times are they sure its safe and they laughed at me and said yes with 100% conviction! As for the Japanese Products unfortunately there is not much comparison as they have been doing it for so long and also quality control is unreal what I saw at the Carpenter Factory but unfortunately it is expensive as quality costs.

Hi Mark! Hope you're well! I now Sami is getting or already has the 56H and 56XH but the 52 will take another month or two to complete production. As soon as it is ready I'll make sure he gives you a shout.

Cheers,
    Nick

3. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

you guys never stop blowing my mind! wow.

4. co-hany

co-hany Senior Member

Hi Nick
    very nice report and photos .. real life one ..
    welcome back nice ..and see u soon
    just a quick one it the fighting of both GTs of japan and oman are the same ..or some fish are more tough for environment and weather ?

Cheers

Hani

5. Rudy 007

Rudy 007 Junior member

Wow, very nice report, pictures n the fishes also.

6. BigTomF

BigTomF Member

Outstanding report. Very well done. Thanks for sharing.....(although I'm not sure about the chicken sashimi here in the US)

7. Nick

Nick Site Sponsor

Hi Hany, many thanks! Was great trip! I still think the Musandam GTs are the strongest I have hooked up due to deep water and strong current. The Japanese GT is strong the the fish are a lot shorter and rounder. But they were very difficult to land in the rough weather! End of the day a GT is a GT!

Hi Tom, Maybe next year in NC we can give the Chicken sashimi a go!! Just very happy nothing happened!

Cheers,
    Nick

8. arowana86

arowana86 Senior Member

Totally enjoy your report! Thank you for sharing! Reading this report is better than watching Shimano TV. It is so detail and in English:)
    Hao