TLD 5 for sale

Discussion in 'Reels' started by fishr1989, Feb 4, 2008.

1. fishr1989

fishr1989 Senior Member

2. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

I'll be checking this out tonight to see what it sells for. Collectors would pay much more than that for a brand new 5.

If there weren't Avet SX 's, I'd sure be interested.

DBG

3. fishr1989

fishr1989 Senior Member

what's the line cap on the TLD 5? T'm tempted to buy it myself and hold onto it for a few years then resell it.

4. jureal

jureal Senior Member

DBG is perfectly correct in his assessment. Here on the West Coast, they used to sell for more than $300 for a decent one. Now, I see them going for less than $150 as a collectors item. I certainly would not fish with one if I owned one. I am all done with the collecting of fishing tackle and only want what I am going to actually use.

5. Deep_Sea_Gull

Deep_Sea_Gull Lifetime Supporting Members

DBG is perfectly correct in his assessment. Here on the West Coast, they used to sell for more than $300 for a decent one. Now, I see them going for less than $150 as a collectors item. I certainly would not fish with one if I owned one. I am all done with the collecting of fishing tackle and only want what I am going to actually use.
    Sage Advice

6. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

Wow! 36 bids and a price of $330.00!

I checked out the pictures, it does look new, very rare piece indeed!

Tom - DBG

7. hatidua

hatidua Senior Member

As a favor to all those who are interested in this reel, I'll refrain from bidding ;)

8. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

I would like to sell my TLD 5 with trinidad handle, What would be a fair price?

9. hatidua

hatidua Senior Member

I would like to sell my TLD 5 with trinidad handle, What would be a fair price?

Those reels seem to fetch a lot of money if they are in decent condition. I'd put it on eBay and let the collectors squabble over it and get as much as you can.