TJ

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by jt2hunt, Sep 13, 2008.

1. jt2hunt

jt2hunt Senior Member

Well, give us the bluefin update, day one?

2. gman

gman Senior Member

from what I understood from Dom is there was a lot of boat traffic and a bad moon phase so today was not good

3. jt2hunt

jt2hunt Senior Member

too bad. I hope tomorrow is better.

4. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

Lots of dogfish, saw 2 blue fin hooked but we got skunk on tuna

5. gman

gman Senior Member

dogfish on top???????

6. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

Keep fishing,

New Web site looks great! although still under construction.

As I said keep fishing. Your web site needs a Blue Fin with you and one
    of your lures in it.:)

Kev

7. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

The best catches were boiled twin lobsters at $19.95 at Haddad restaurant. :)

8. jt2hunt

jt2hunt Senior Member

get some sleep. I am expecting some bluefin sashimi in a few days

9. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

anyone know how they did today?....rick

10. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

anyone know how they did today?....rick
    The trip was canceled due to weather. I think they went to Newport, RI for sightseeing today.

11. jt2hunt

jt2hunt Senior Member

12. Jason4606

Jason4606 Tuna Club member

Glenn - Small sand eels and dogfish were thick, tuna scattered. We were jigging for marked fish and dogfish were all over the jigs, even midwater.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As Kilsong said, we made site seeing trip to Newport Sunday and had really nice lunch with Dom and Sarah. Then, we drove over an hour from Newport back to Green Harbor for seconds at Haddad's... Four orders of $17.95 twin lobsters were best catch again Sunday! (After $2 price drop! How do they do it??)

Had a very nice trip with some really great folks. Hopefully we'll kill more than lobsters next time!

Jason

13. rtran

rtran Senior Member

Those lobsters look good. =)

14. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

those lobsters make my mouth water! -aint nuthin like some good ol Yankee lobster smeared in butter sauce :) YUMMY!

15. gman

gman Senior Member

-aint nuthin like some good ol Yankee lobster smeared in butter sauce :) YUMMY!

yankee lobsters LMAO what is that about?

16. ty2philly

ty2philly Senior Member

Glenn - Small sand eels and dogfish were thick, tuna scattered. We were jigging for marked fish and dogfish were all over the jigs, even midwater.

As Kilsong said, we made site seeing trip to Newport Sunday and had really nice lunch with Dom and Sarah. Then, we drove over an hour from Newport back to Green Harbor for seconds at Haddad's... Four orders of $17.95 twin lobsters were best catch again Sunday! (After $2 price drop! How do they do it??)

Had a very nice trip with some really great folks. Hopefully we'll kill more than lobsters next time!

Jason

I really hope my October 9th YFT trip out of NJ has better results. Otherwise I will just have to take another trip down to Wilmington NC for more AJs :)

But at least it sounds like you guys had a great time with the Lobsters, sight seeing and meeting friends.

Ty

P.S.
    Post #100

17. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

I really hope my October 9th YFT trip out of NJ has better results.
    Ty, minnow is hoping the same thing, as he will be there:D :D

18. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

Glenn

With Texas Lobster 2 just won't do.
    Not everythings bigger in Texas.:)
    Yankee lobsters are known to be great.

as Tom Horn said "I aint never ate a bug this big before.

kev.

Attached Files:

19. jt2hunt

jt2hunt Senior Member

tj???? you know they can ship those things back to Texas?????

20. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I love lobster. Who doesn't. $17.95 for two nice size ones is a super bargain.
    Morton's Steakhouse will sometimes have a 6 to 10 pounder's in their tank. Expect to pay a fortune for those prized big bugs. I like to have a prime fillet (med rare) with my lobster. :)

In peak season, Pappadeaux's Seafood will have an all you can eat lobster night. They are small, around a pound to pound and a half in size. I remember last year I was with three other guys. We ate 36 lobsters along with all the trimmings.:eek:

I'm also a big crab eater. Costco has a one pound can for around 13 bucks. It's common for me to open up a can and eat it with a fork for lunch.:)