360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
2,924 Posts
from what I understood from Dom is there was a lot of boat traffic and a bad moon phase so today was not good

·
1,086 Posts
Keep fishing,

New Web site looks great! although still under construction.

As I said keep fishing. Your web site needs a Blue Fin with you and one
of your lures in it.:)

Kev

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
anyone know how they did today?....rick
The trip was canceled due to weather. I think they went to Newport, RI for sightseeing today.

·
Tuna Club member
879 Posts
Glenn - Small sand eels and dogfish were thick, tuna scattered. We were jigging for marked fish and dogfish were all over the jigs, even midwater.

As Kilsong said, we made site seeing trip to Newport Sunday and had really nice lunch with Dom and Sarah. Then, we drove over an hour from Newport back to Green Harbor for seconds at Haddad's... Four orders of $17.95 twin lobsters were best catch again Sunday! (After $2 price drop! How do they do it??)

Had a very nice trip with some really great folks. Hopefully we'll kill more than lobsters next time!

Jason

·
2,020 Posts
those lobsters make my mouth water! -aint nuthin like some good ol Yankee lobster smeared in butter sauce :) YUMMY!

·
2,924 Posts
-aint nuthin like some good ol Yankee lobster smeared in butter sauce :) YUMMY!

yankee lobsters LMAO what is that about?

·
1,366 Posts
Glenn - Small sand eels and dogfish were thick, tuna scattered. We were jigging for marked fish and dogfish were all over the jigs, even midwater.

As Kilsong said, we made site seeing trip to Newport Sunday and had really nice lunch with Dom and Sarah. Then, we drove over an hour from Newport back to Green Harbor for seconds at Haddad's... Four orders of $17.95 twin lobsters were best catch again Sunday! (After $2 price drop! How do they do it??)

Had a very nice trip with some really great folks. Hopefully we'll kill more than lobsters next time!

Jason

I really hope my October 9th YFT trip out of NJ has better results. Otherwise I will just have to take another trip down to Wilmington NC for more AJs :)

But at least it sounds like you guys had a great time with the Lobsters, sight seeing and meeting friends.

Ty

P.S.
Post #100

·
Site Sponsor
4,162 Posts
I really hope my October 9th YFT trip out of NJ has better results.
Ty, minnow is hoping the same thing, as he will be there:D :D

·
1,086 Posts
Glenn

With Texas Lobster 2 just won't do.
Not everythings bigger in Texas.:)
Yankee lobsters are known to be great.

as Tom Horn said "I aint never ate a bug this big before.

kev.

Attachments

·
2,835 Posts
I love lobster. Who doesn't. $17.95 for two nice size ones is a super bargain.
Morton's Steakhouse will sometimes have a 6 to 10 pounder's in their tank. Expect to pay a fortune for those prized big bugs. I like to have a prime fillet (med rare) with my lobster. :)

In peak season, Pappadeaux's Seafood will have an all you can eat lobster night. They are small, around a pound to pound and a half in size. I remember last year I was with three other guys. We ate 36 lobsters along with all the trimmings.:eek:

I'm also a big crab eater. Costco has a one pound can for around 13 bucks. It's common for me to open up a can and eat it with a fork for lunch.:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts