360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went into my local tackle shop here in Marina Del Rey, California and I spot a bunch of OTI rods and poppers laying on the counter. Whoa....what are these doing here? Turn around and I see an oriental guy standing behind me looking at tackle. Minnow? I asked? Yeah he replies...I am TJ..... What a surprise as I haven't been in this shop in like 2-3 months and I decide to stop to pick up some reel lube and look who I run into.

Nice meeting and speaking with you TJ.

Btw, those new tuna sniper rods look awesome.

·
Administrator
1,440 Posts
Mel,

It was really nice to meet you.
What a surprise to finally meet you in person in unexpected place.
What a small world lol. Btw, Rick @(Purfield's Pro tackle) is very friendly, great customer service and he have tons of fishing knowledge.

·
5,457 Posts
Mel,

It was really nice to meet you.
What a surprise to finally meet you in person in unexpected place.
What a small world lol. Btw, Rick @(Purfield's Pro tackle) is very friendly, great customer service and he have tons of fishing knowledge.

TJ

Are you going to stop by Vegas on your way back?

d-a

·
1,086 Posts
jureal,
I know you have tried a few times to come to Tx to fish.
Still waiting for the time it works out and we can meet also.

BTW, I placed an OTI order late Friday night and it was at my door
Tuesday AM.... Thats fast...

Kev.

·
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jureal,
I know you have tried a few times to come to Tx to fish.
Still waiting for the time it works out and we can meet also.

BTW, I placed an OTI order late Friday night and it was at my door
Tuesday AM.... Thats fast...

Kev.

Yes, that is two years in a row that I have been cancelled due to first the weather and then Ike. Looking forward for the next time the opportunity pops up. I am not just looking for fishing the gulf for the first time but also going on a trip where I can meet the most folks that I have not personally met but feel like old friends here on 360 and other sites.

TJ, I am afraid that the west coast is not yet ready for your poppers and rods. With the availability of live bait, our mentality here is to use live bait as it is the most effective. Our boats carry lots of live bait for chum and the boats are able to bring the fish to the boat. Sometimes, we end up in an all day bite without having to move the boat.

I do a lot of fishing in Mainland Mexico so the popping and jigging methods work down there and thus I need the equipment. But we are few in numbers on the west coast. Still, more and more westcoast fishermen are travelling to distant fishing destinations and with the airlines restrictions on checked baggage, the two piece rods are going to eventually become more and more popular among the traveling angler.

One day, the popping technique will catch on as we turn to things that make the sport more challenging and more entertaining. However, nothing beats bait when you have lots of it.

·
5,457 Posts
No I am not, I wish I am LOL.

Are you in Vegas?

Yea till middle of march.

d-a

1 - 7 of 7 Posts