Time to build another jigging rod

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by Bellyups, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

I plan on building a 8' GUSA Wahoo blank I have laying around. It will be a yo-yo/slow jigging set up. Acid wrapped with black Fuji DPSM graphite reel seat, black aluminum gimball, EVA grips, and probably Amtak virtus titanium heavy duty ringlock saltwater guides. I can't wait to see these guides and test them. The set up should be very light and powerful.

The blank is natural graphite--a greyish black. Any ideas on thread color choices? I may order a teal colored grip for the heck of it with possible green and metallic black threads with metallic silver bands.

I will initially pair it with my saltiga 50 which so far has lived a leisurely life in a climate controlled closet.

Attached Files:

2. crazyjigr

crazyjigr Senior Member

I just built a saint croix 80lb with a fuji pss seat and really liked it.
    I got to use it for about 20 min until I let someone use it 1 drop 1 fish then snap.
    The amtack guides look nice let me know how you like them

3. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

I just built a saint croix 80lb with a fuji pss seat and really liked it.
    I got to use it for about 20 min until I let someone use it 1 drop 1 fish then snap.
    The amtack guides look nice let me know how you like them

Jim, the new St Croix broke? I take it that is the new 2 piece St Croix? Sorry to hear this if this is the case.

4. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Jim, the new St Croix broke? I take it that is the new 2 piece St Croix? Sorry to hear this if this is the case.

Scott

It was a one piece St croix till I used it:eek: . I prefer the fuji pss reel seat for all my conventionals now. It feels much better in my hand than the fuji dpsm.

d-a

5. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

bellyups..sounds like a nice build.
    hope to see some nice pics.

da..i like the PSSM seats also.

few new builds. and a few seats waiting for a home:D

Attached Files:

6. d-a

d-a Senior Member

bellyups..sounds like a nice build.
    hope to see some nice pics.

da..i like the PSSM seats also.

few new builds. and a few seats waiting for a home:D

Paul

how well does the painted reel seat wear? I like the red and black one but worry about the paint wearing off.

d-a

7. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

Paul

how well does the painted reel seat wear? I like the red and black one but worry about the paint wearing off.

d-a
    they hold up..OK
    just like anything special..a little care goes a long way.