Tica TAURUS TP-S Series Reels

Discussion in 'Reels' started by rebel, Feb 16, 2009.

1. rebel

rebel Senior Member

I found this reel in Ebay, priced cheap for its features & specs. Any feedback or experience with it?

2. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

tica reels are cheap! dont waste your time with cheap reels.

3. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

Save your money and buy good gear. Otherwise you will end up spending it anyway after you destory a few cheap ones...

4. TK_82

TK_82 Senior Member

i agree w/ kidflex n special k they seem like a great deal until they start corroding after a few months of use(with freshwater washdown).line lays on the spool are not even after a while and they aren't sealed well enough IMO. if anything breaks you cant order parts, so you have to send it back to Tica to get it repaired. hope that helps.

5. txseadog

txseadog Moderator

The only experience I've had with a TICA was in 2002 and didn't end well.

One of Minnow's friend bought a Tica Dolphin on a floater trip to see how it compared to a Stella (it had 10-15 bearings so it looked good on paper). There as an insane bite that night and he got lit up by an good sized blackfin on his first or second cast. After pulling a little drag he started working the fish and after 10-15 seconds we starting hearing crack, crack, crack whenever he tried to crank the handle.

I can't help but smile whenever I think about the look of surprise and disgust on his face...