Tiagra 30wlrsa capacity

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by hamptonsurf, Sep 14, 2009.

1. hamptonsurf

hamptonsurf Senior Member

I have a HUGE spool of 130lb jerry brown, and a few tiagra 30s on the way. Before you all give me suggestions based on drag and the fact that I'd never run 40lbs of drag on a tiagra, I'm just thinking of loading all my reels from the same spool. Any idea how much 130JB a Tiagra 30w would hold?

2. d-a

d-a Senior Member

I have a HUGE spool of 130lb jerry brown, and a few tiagra 30s on the way. Before you all give me suggestions based on drag and the fact that I'd never run 40lbs of drag on a tiagra, I'm just thinking of loading all my reels from the same spool. Any idea how much 130JB a Tiagra 30w would hold?

Hollow Spectra Diameter Guide :: Hollow Spectra :: BHP Tackle

looks like 700yds

d-a

3. hamptonsurf

sweet, I didn;t even know they had that chart. Thanks for the heads up.

4. Basil

Basil Site Sponsor

Don't forget, the chart specs are for a full spool of spectra. If you plan to use a topshot longer than 25-feet, the numbers change quite a bit. For example, the Tiagra 30W will hold 400 yards of 130lb hollow spectra plus 100 yards of 80lb mono topshot. 100lb hollow would be a better choice IMO; 600 yards of braid plus the same 100Y80 topshot makes a much better trolling outfit.

Basil Pappas
    BHP Tackle

5. hamptonsurf

you are probably right....I was just thinking I would take advantage of the 3500 yd spool of 130 I have....I think I could even go down to 80 for the 30W for some more capacity in the event a bigger fish gets fooled.. I think at least 100yd topshot is necessary for trolling.