tiagra 30wlrs mono line choice

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by Josh, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Josh

Josh Guest

I am currently running 80lb ande backcountry line using 33# drag. I am getting ready to respool what would be the best line to last about a year and get more line on the reel?

2. gmack

gmack Senior Member

If money is no concern Momoi Diamond is pretty hard to beat in my book. You can get 60# which breaks at over 80# or 80# which breaks near 100#!

Other than Momoi I really like Berkely Big Game for a less expensive line.

Gary

3. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

130 JB hollow spectra and any topshot you want.
    Over the long haul spectra is cheaper.

4. rhale

rhale Senior Member

gmack hit it... Momoi Diamond is IMO the best mono on the market. 50lb would be fine, it breaks at 83lbs and you would get alot of line on the reel.

5. Bill Fisher

Bill Fisher Senior Member

gmack hit it... Momoi Diamond is IMO the best mono on the market. 50lb would be fine, it breaks at 83lbs and you would get alot of line on the reel.

ditto

6. Josh

Josh Guest

thanks ive found with diamond the line dosnt last as long i was using half a spool on top of pink ande and the line got brittle and started breaking after about 6 months.

7. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

thanks ive found with diamond the line dosnt last as long i was using half a spool on top of pink ande and the line got brittle and started breaking after about 6 months.

That's not a problem with spectra. Use a hundred yard topshot and replace every trip if needed.

8. tailwalker22

tailwalker22 Guest

Got 60 lb suffix mono on mine and it holds plenty and works well

9. peterk814

peterk814 Senior Member

ive had issues with momoi diamond, after one or two fish it seemed to get stressed out and break. Ive had much better success with Berkley Big Game aka trilene.

10. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I've never had an issue with Momoi Diamond. I also store my tackle in a dark closet and replace the line at least once a season. Big Game Line has always been my stable mono. Inexpensive and very reliable.

11. tehtuna

tehtuna Junior member

I love Momoi Diamond as well.Really, really strong stuff without being too stiff. I replace my line almost every time I go fishing so I haven't had any issues with it stretching out.

12. bunile

bunile Senior Member

I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING REEL BAD ABOUT THAT momoi STUFF ,(EXCEPT HOW DO YOU PRONOUNCE IT?) iT'S GOT TO BE FROM florida i BET.