360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
655 Posts
is that a swordfish? or a shark...whatever it is it's HUGE!!!!! :eek: :eek:

·
2,835 Posts
My guess is 1300+ pounds. Look at the diameter of the tail before the fork. That's always a way of determining the size of a fish. When they get fat like the one in the picture, it's a very mature fish.

·
234 Posts
I didnt know swordfish got that big....what do you do for bait? Drop a 400lb Blue Fin down on a 40/0 hook?

·
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jared,
It makes the one your holding look like a baby

The one i am holding is a BABY.

That thing is huge you can see the harpoons in the background. I am with mrbill i think 1200 plus.

The diameter of a tail of a sword is mind boggling. If you chop the head and tail of a sword and a mako the body is the same.

·
81 Posts
How would someone bring that fish onboard without a door?

How long would the bill on that sucker be?

I bet wacker is going crazy looking at that pic?

·
1,699 Posts
How would someone bring that fish onboard without a door?

How long would the bill on that sucker be?

I bet wacker is going crazy looking at that pic?

Looks like they have a ginpole with an electric winch.. Man you would be covered up on swordsteaks!!!:eek:

·
152 Posts
The one i am holding is a BABY.

That thing is huge you can see the harpoons in the background. I am with mrbill i think 1200 plus.

The diameter of a tail of a sword is mind boggling. If you chop the head and tail of a sword and a mako the body is the same.

I will take you up on that and we'll just see for my self...BAAAAAWWWWWAAAA!!!!!

·
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here is the story .

"Was harpooned on the Georges Bank in the mid 1980's.
Boat was the Irene+Alton, skipper Bernard Raynes, fishing out of Owls Head, Maine.The guy behind fish is Paul Molyneaux, author of "The Doryman's Reflection". "

1 - 20 of 20 Posts