The Monsters Are Here!

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by Super Strike, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Super Strike

Super Strike Member

This past weekend is another one for the personal tuna fishing record books. The weather has been tough to fish in to say the least but when you can get out you can have days like this past Saturday. I will start on the Friday report because we woke up to a forecast of 2-3ft. seas with one forecaster and 4-6 ft. seas with another. We rolled the dice hoping for the 2-3ft. but NOAA got it close. In reality it was 7.5 ft. with a 23 knot North Wind. Not what we were hoping for but not surprising either for this time of the year. Capt. Bob and Josh left out about 8:00 a.m. to laying winds and seas but it was a slow day. They caught a variety of fish but not much to speak of. They fished with the winds to their backs hoping for the best. HERE WE GO, on Saturday it was still choppy in the morning and they made it out to the tuna grounds. All I can say is that is was on. Capt. Bob and Capt. Josh put a butt whipping on the Tuna. Capt. Josh had a total of 4 Yellowfin and 1 Black. 2 over 100lbs. 1 at 90lbs. and 1 that weighed in at 213.8lbs. This big YFT is an awesome catch and doesn't happen everyday. Congrats. to the Gleeton crew which was their first time ever Tuna fishing. Capt. Bob had a great day as well fishing with the Millers from Destin and Indiana. His big fish went 163lbs. which is more than most people can handle in one day. He had three others in between 60 and 100lbs. Saturday was a great day to be out tuna fishing. So, it looks the big boys have arrived in full force. How long will it last, nobody knows but I do know they are here now. For those that follow the moon phases, which I have been skeptical of for a long time. I have been getting a lot of calls asking about them and trying to schedule around the best moon phase. Well, scrap the moon phase calendar, according to the company I use, it showed this past Fri. and Sat. as the two worst days to fish all month. Sat. was definitely the best day of the month so far tuna fishing. What does that tell you? Do they have it backwards. We've still got open days left this month and next. The tuna fishing is exceptionally good right now and I could never leave out the Wahoo fishing because 2009 has been one of the best wahoo years I have seen since maybe 1999. If you want to try your luck we will be glad to get you out fishing. Now is your chance at the monsters.

Damon McKnight
    Super Strike Charters
    1 800 318 1720

Website:Venice Louisiana Fishing. Sport Fishing Charters in Venice Louisiana.
    Videos: </title> <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8" /> </head> <body> </html> <html> <head> <title> Venice Louisiana Fishing. Sport Fishing Charters in Venice Louisiana. Super Strike Charters - Fishing Videos
    Email: [email protected]

Attached Files:

• 668.jpg
      668.jpg
      File size:
      227.4 KB
      Views:
    • 669.jpg
      669.jpg
      File size:
      155.8 KB
      Views:
    • 670.jpg
      670.jpg
      File size:
      191.9 KB
      Views:
    • 671.jpg
      671.jpg
      File size:
      194.7 KB
      Views:
    • 672.jpg
      672.jpg
      File size:
      55.9 KB
      Views:
    • 673.jpg
      673.jpg
      File size:
      66.8 KB
      Views:
    • 674.jpg
      674.jpg
      File size:
      71.5 KB
      Views:
    • 675.jpg
      675.jpg
      File size:
      65.2 KB
      Views:
    • 662.jpg
      662.jpg
      File size:
      112.3 KB
      Views:
    • 663.jpg
      663.jpg
      File size:
      108.3 KB
      Views:
    • 664.jpg
      664.jpg
      File size:
      88.5 KB
      Views:
    • 665.jpg
      665.jpg
      File size:
      100.2 KB
      Views:
    • 667.jpg
      667.jpg
      File size:
      100.7 KB
      Views:
  2. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

Great day! PIG!!

Fred

3. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

Man that sounds action packed.Sweet trip awesome fish.Gotta give props

4. rtran

rtran Senior Member

nice catches...the monsters are there!

5. bigscrnman

bigscrnman Senior Member

AWSOME SHOTS!!! I am counting the days!!!! 14 and counting.....

6. ToneyC

ToneyC Senior Member

That's a fatty cow tuna, congrats!

That is an awesome photo of the Wahoo next the boat.

7. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

That is a beauty!!!

8. wellcraft26

wellcraft26 Senior Member

Great job Capt Damon and good photos! thanks for sharing

9. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

you guys got any spaces this weekend? i have no plans.

10. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

that is a GOM beast! the third to the last pic is great, i feel that guys pain. lol. i wish.

11. Bolo

Bolo Senior Member

Great report.

12. BFTMASTER

BFTMASTER Senior Member

13. On Course

On Course Guest

Guys,

Those are killer pics. Love that hoo up against the boat.

Great Job.

On Course