The Future of the Big E

Discussion in 'Charter Boat & Party Boat' started by DeepBlueGulf, Oct 18, 2007.

1. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

2. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

3. bighead

bighead Senior Member

Wow, very good news for the Texas tuna crowd!

4. Bret

Bret Senior Member

I emailed Tim from Underwater expeditions and asked if they were going to continue the tuna trips after the refit.. and here is his reply..

"Absolutely, Bret!!! We will continue to do the same kind of fishing that the Big E has done in the past. We are planning to do as many tuna trips as we can after we get all the upgrades done. Thank You so much for the e-mail and I look forward in meeting you someday on the Big E. "

It looks like we will still get a chance to fish the improved version of the big E. Imagine that boat with a full galley and buffet... thats all its missing.. really. Maybe a head inside..

5. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

sounds good hope i can afford some 72hrs thats like 2 full nights at redhawk auger?

6. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

wonder if they are hiring 'green' dekhands i wuld live with my g - rents if i cuuld work there this summer.:eek:

7. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

Kevin.. now would be the time to apply.....

This news makes me very happy!!! what are niads?? (gonna be added for stability)

8. Bret

Bret Senior Member

naids are stabilizers.. the help keep the boat from rolling as much. better ride in rough seas..

9. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

Kevin.. now would be the time to apply.....

This news makes me very happy!!! what are niads?? (gonna be added for stability)
    stabilizers, those little fins on the side underwater. i emailed mr. trahan about it earlier, cant put into words how exciting that would be. wow:D

10. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

EXCELLENT!
    who's for 30 guys & mexican waters?

-Brian

11. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I'm not really into head boats, but have always wanted to go out on the
    Big E. I would think that if Under Water Expeditions has the money to buy the Big E it could afford to spend a few bucks on a decent website.

I would be interested in a 72 hour trip if it was limited to a dozen. I just don't like crowds. I'd rather pay more and have some space. You wouldn't have any rod storage problems, and it would leave plenty of room up above to haul a few thousand pounds of ice. Any hoo, this is good news for you guys who thought the Big E was history. It's also good news for scuba divers.

12. kenner21

kenner21 Member

You guys think maybe they put together a quick website to answer any questions and show the basic plans for the boat as it stands right now?

13. fathom

fathom Lifetime Supporting Members

Who's up for a night drift at the 42001 buoy. Imagine schools of triple digit yellow fin checking it out!:D :) :eek:

14. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Yeah, theres lots of spots the big E could hit on a 72hr trip.

15. galveston1602

galveston1602 Senior Member

Where do we sign up?

I think the big Question will likely be whats the cost....
    I mean, it wont deter alot of us tunaheads but, It'll definitely deter the regular joe from using the boat which may be detrimental to the future of the boat.

16. gman

gman Senior Member

I believe most obsessed anglers would rather do what MrBill said ...less is better and I would pay extra for that. There are no boats willing to do 72 hour trips, only a handfull up here in the Northeast so I believe its a great concept

17. jaredchasteen

jaredchasteen Senior Member

If they are getting 600 for 40 people for 52 hours.(25k)

Thats basicly 480 bucks an hour. multiply that by 72 and get 34500.

Divide that by twelve and come up with. $2880

Add in the cost of refurbs, and you are over 3k.

Cant you go on a sandiego long range (10+ days)and eat gourmet food for around 5 or 6k. Plus the fact you can keep much more and target larger models on tuna, 200 plus pounds.

I am glad to see there is a boat all you guys can go on.

I am with you mrbill, but my pockets arent as fat.:D

18. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

they probably just threw together a website to get it up and collecting "hits" on the search engines. It will push it higher in the search for when they add/redo the website. then it already has the senority on the search engines....
    I would love to fish it again... but have really "skinny" pockets :) Best part about it- there are several options for poor boys like me!

19. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

I'm w/ Mr. Bill in that I've been on the BigE w/ 40 people, & I thought it was a zoo. I world love a trip w/ 20-25 anglers for 3-5 days.
    But I don't know if I could or would want to pay more than 2k for it.
    It's still great to dream. sad part is, I'll probably find a way to be on that first long trip.....regardless. I love fishing on that boat.
    -Brian

20. fathom

fathom Lifetime Supporting Members

Jared,

do those numbers @ 30 people and it becomes affordable.

The big E has more rail than most west coast boats, 30 would not be crowded.

The gulf coast is unique to its self. One has only to experience the full on topwater bite! Popper explosions are the bomb!