360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well our sails have thinned out for the moment here in GOLFITO, CR, but the dorado fishing and tuna are red hot. Got a few marlin too!

Sat., Carlos was out on the boat and they started catching dorado as soon as the first line was in. It was pretty much non-stop action fishing around a football field sized debris field. They never really got more than three rods in the water. They ended up with over 20 Dorado for a short day of fishing. Not bad!

Earlier in the week our crew landed a real nice 100+ lbs yellowfin and dropping a couple of others. While fishing live baits offshore.

Things should continue to get better as we move through the holidays here.....with the peak being the end of Jan to the begining of March. We expect thtis season to be off the hook. There has been some great action already this year!

Best wishes and happy holidays to everyone!

Costa Rica Fishing - Sportfishing Vacation - Golfito, Puerto Jimenez, Osa Peninsula Costa Rica

Attachments

·
89 Posts
Great report Greg, hopefully a sign of a great season ahead for you guys..The BFT fishing has begun here in NC, we killed a nice one 90" on our first trip out on Saturday..Back at it Thursday..

Ken

·
2,835 Posts
Hey Greg,

Remember me. I came down the day after Christmas last year.
Are you still working on your lodge?

I wanted to do the same thing this year and after fishing CR for a week, go and fish a second week in Panama. I like both areas. Even though they aren't that far apart, it is a different experience in both places. I just can't make any travel plans as health issues from the elders is keeping me in the States right now.:mad:

47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HI Mr Bill! Good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about the family. We wish them the best.

We will be here, no rush. Fishing has been very good and only going to get better. Our dorado are a lot farther out than the ones you had off the beach last year. The jigging and popping, which is your favorite, is better in April-July. Although, there have been plenty of big tuna around right now.

I will keep in touch and posting reports now and then. Happy Holidays!

47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Forgot to mention MR Bill, the lodge is going well! We slowed the progress just because of the slow economy. We will open it when things pick up to fill it. In the short run we are going to use the hotels that we always have Las Gaviotas, Lapa Rios and Iguana lodge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts