The bite is on! The Blue fins are here!

Discussion in 'Saltywater Tackle' started by Saltywater tackle, Feb 2, 2013.

1. T Burke

T Burke Senior Member

Wish you all the best and catch em up. It will be great. I can't wait for the reports.

2. tarpon99

tarpon99 Member

Good luck Sammi and Paul! Hope you get the first one of the year on topwater/jig. Talk soon.

3. sami G

sami G Site Sponsor

0/4 all on the jigs , big fish in town and they are chewing on the jigs!

4. MissSara

MissSara Member

Good to hear. Look forward to reports and catches the rest of the week.

5. Saltywater tackle

Saltywater tackle Site Sponsor

Pictures from ysterday :)

Attached Files:

6. JfishKing

JfishKing Senior Member

0/4 all on the jigs , big fish in town and they are chewing on the jigs!

Great to hear they're there and chewing!!!! What were the failures, mostly mainline?

7. JTheBirdman

JTheBirdman Junior member

One cut off high above, probably another tuna, two spit hooks, and mine chafed through leader near the ring, (Yozuri 130 flourocarbon). That's me in the photo. Thanks for having me along Sami. It was a good trip and a pleasure to fish with you. John Tolerton

8. JfishKing

JfishKing Senior Member

One cut off high above, probably another tuna, two spit hooks, and mine chafed through leader near the ring, (Yozuri 130 flourocarbon). That's me in the photo. Thanks for having me along Sami. It was a good trip and a pleasure to fish with you. John Tolerton

ughhhh Tough luck... everything has to be top notch, bump it up to 150Lb this year and 9/0 Kudakos!!! :)

9. Saltywater tackle

Hi John,
    It was nice to meet you and Courtland and fish side to side with you guys,
    we sure had our shot but then it start to fade away, yesterday was bad and we didn't mark or see anything :)
    hopefully it will change soon :)

Tight lines
    Sami

10. Khalid

Khalid Senior Member

Good luck tomorrow Sami. Hope you find them buddy.

11. tailfisher

tailfisher Senior Member

Looks like a good time,

12. sami G

sami G Site Sponsor

Good luck tomorrow Sami. Hope you find them buddy.

Hi Khalid,

I am back since Wednesday night, took the long drive back solo :( we fished for 3 days only and weather start to turn bad, it is blowing now.

13. Ducati-748

Ducati-748 Member

Sami,

Do you know what rod is that showing in the picture?

The action is perfect !

14. BigAnchovy

BigAnchovy Senior Member

Hi Khalid,

I am back since Wednesday night, took the long drive back solo :( we fished for 3 days only and weather start to turn bad, it is blowing now.

The weather is good at Stratton. At least a foot of Powder overnight. Grab the kids. Tomorrow will be Epic!

15. sami G

sami G Site Sponsor

Sami,
    Do you know what rod is that showing in the picture?
    The action is perfect !
    If i am not mistaken, it is a Star Rod,

The weather is good at Stratton. At least a foot of Powder overnight. Grab the kids. Tomorrow will be Epic!
    Doc,
    I have commitment tomorrow and i am heading to North Carolina on Monday, the kids spend the whole day outdoor and get their kick in the snow, off course it was a torture for me :)

16. holy cow

holy cow Senior Member

Hatteras or Bust! Sami! Theres nothing like doing it yourself beacause you know it wil be done right! Course having a good Captain paves the way too! Looking forward to the Giant BF. I think someone (HINT: Sami) said their are big ones there now! Could that mean 250-400 lbs! I can go the 3rd of 4th week. I'm jealous Sami! Fare winds and following seas Sami! Dan

17. Saltywater tackle

Hatteras or Bust! Sami! Theres nothing like doing it yourself beacause you know it wil be done right! Course having a good Captain paves the way too! Looking forward to the Giant BF. I think someone (HINT: Sami) said their are big ones there now! Could that mean 250-400 lbs! I can go the 3rd of 4th week. I'm jealous Sami! Fare winds and following seas Sami! Dan

Hi Dan,
    I really have high hope on the coming week and i know there is some monster fish roaming in North Carolina,
    the bar is set high for this season, my only concern is mother nature :)

Tight lines
    Sami