The Big E

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by The Duke, Aug 8, 2008.

1. The Duke

The Duke Junior member

Are any of you guys going on the November 7th 52 hr trip? I'm new to this board and I'm getting into the tuna fishing world.:)

2. bulllred

bulllred Senior Member

Welcome to the forum and to the tuna world. If you any questions and help selecting your gears for the trip just ask. What kind of fishing do you do before getting on this tuna trip?

An

3. The Duke

The Duke Junior member

I have a buddy with an offshore boat and we mainly fished for shark and kings and snapper. In the past years I would go out with the Dolphin docks on 24hr trips at least 8 times a year.I was into bass fishing very heavy and met a new fishing guide in Rockport last year and gave up the bass fishing- I've been going 2 and 3 times a month bay fishing in Rockport with Brent Hopkins (Ace in the Hole guide) He's one of the best.We always get our limits and he's alot of fun to hang with. I'm probably fixing to sign up for the 52 hr on the Big E on November 7th. I and a couple friends from Austin are going on the 80 hour on October 28th at Dolphin Docks and the 48 hour on August 19th. Can you see that I have a problem with FISHING? HA HA HA... Love to fish- Born to fish....

Steve

4. bulllred

bulllred Senior Member

Most of the people here have a problem with fishing including me. You can say that I eat, drink and sleep thinking about fishing. I have never really bass fish but there are a lot of bass fishing here where I live (Florida). You shouldn’t quit bass fishing. I think some of the best and creative fishermen are bass fishermen. I use to just do offshore but after pulling on a few bone fish, snooks, and redfish I realize it can be just as fun. Now, I spend half of my fishing time inshore and offshore fishing.

It seems like you have a lot of tuna experience already, and we might learn a few techniques and or trick from you.

An

5. BAOSABI

BAOSABI Senior Member

Hey An, I got the chance to fish with your buddies (The Arkansas Tuna Mafia, Bruce, and Tuna Mike) on this last Big E. 52hr. trip. They are a great bunch of guy and had nothing but good things to say about you.

6. bulllred

bulllred Senior Member

Hi BAOSABI, glad you get to meet The Arkansas Tuna Mafia, great bunch of guys! I enjoy your Big E report also. When are you going tuna fishing again? I am planning a tuna trip back in Texas around October so I can also do some bullred fishing when they're running.

An

7. BAOSABI

BAOSABI Senior Member

I was hoping to go again at in October. It would have to be a last minute deal for me. Got to see how the wife feels about it.

Bao

8. SSFIREMSN

SSFIREMSN Senior Member

I am going on the trip in oct. 52 hr. I can not wait. Steve