The Big E is back..... 7/6/08

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by STx Fisherman, Jul 6, 2008.

1. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

The Big E should be docking as I type. I spoke with Deep Blue Gulf and Bellyups and the initial reports are sounding pretty good.

It looks like they caught around 92 yellowfin with one weighing around 135 lbs....(or more)...can't wait to hear the weight on this fish. It is also reported that the boat hauled a little over 9,000 lbs of fish.

Snagged had a couple of Amberjacks that will probably place 1st and 2nd in the Fiesta Tournament in Freeport....(and he may have a tournament record). One of the AJ's may be over 100 lbs.

Snagged suffered a spell of dehydration on the boat and was unresponsive for a while. He was Med-Evac'ed to UT Galveston Medical Branch hospital by the Coast Guard....(he told me that he was feeling fine by the time that the helicopter arrived to pick him up and that he saw a 15 mile long weedline pretty close to shore...grin). Hats off to Mont for jumping in to give Jerry a ride back to Freeport. He is there waiting for the boat so that he can take his AJ's to the weigh in. I spoke with him last evening and he said that he is doing fine.

It sounds like the first two nights were tough pickings on the yellowfin....but that the last night was pretty good. Can't wait to hear the reports and see some pics!

2. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

glad to hear he is doing well
    sounds like they had a great trip

3. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

its real easy to get dehydrate out there, definitely a wake up call as i usually dont eat or drink anything until getting to shore...glad to hear ur better jerry and congrats on that AJ!!

4. awesum

awesum Senior Member

Here's a peek at Jerry's first AJ. His second one may have been a little longer but without the pot belly, are AJ's having babies right about now?

[​IMG]

5. ichibahn

ichibahn ** Pak Lurah **

Congrats Jerry.........

6. Tunahunter

Tunahunter Guest

7. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Damn, thats a nice fish!!

8. d-a

d-a Senior Member

The Big E had 5 first place fish in the Fiesta. All were worth a grand each. Jerry's 2 AJ's were 101 and 91 lbs.

d-a

9. rtran

rtran Senior Member

i cant wait for the pictures!

10. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

I was there, and let me tell you, that AJ was HUGE!

DBG

11. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Steve's 144 lbs yft on a OTI's popper.
    I believe this is the biggest yft caught on a popper in Gulf of Mexico.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

very nice yellowfin. that is a monster on top water! congrats to all on the big e. cant wait for the detailed report.

13. rtran

rtran Senior Member

that lure is a killer

14. SSFIREMSN

SSFIREMSN Senior Member

I always carry a IV kit with me when I go for just something like that happening. I have had to help on a guy when I was in Alaska. Everyone is so busy fishing and everything else they don't eat or drink any water. I am always scared I will get someone on that is having a heart attack fighting a fish. Glad to see your ok. I can not wait to hear the final total on everything. Steve

15. Earl

Earl Senior Member

Those are really, really some nice fish there. Great trip. It's good to see the Big E's still here.

Earl

16. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

A few pictures

Attached Files:

17. rtran

rtran Senior Member

very nice fish snagged

18. Zeeds6

Zeeds6 Guest

That's a monster AJ. He's a little bit sweaty after that one.

19. longgar

longgar Moderator

Great pics, thanks for posting them. I will be on the BigE Aug 1st and hope to meet some of you. Maybe you can show me a thing or two if you all aren't too busy. This is my 2nd trip.. the first trip didn't cross the paths of any YF. I hope that changes this time... Cheers!