360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Big E should be docking as I type. I spoke with Deep Blue Gulf and Bellyups and the initial reports are sounding pretty good.

It looks like they caught around 92 yellowfin with one weighing around 135 lbs....(or more)...can't wait to hear the weight on this fish. It is also reported that the boat hauled a little over 9,000 lbs of fish.

Snagged had a couple of Amberjacks that will probably place 1st and 2nd in the Fiesta Tournament in Freeport....(and he may have a tournament record). One of the AJ's may be over 100 lbs.

Snagged suffered a spell of dehydration on the boat and was unresponsive for a while. He was Med-Evac'ed to UT Galveston Medical Branch hospital by the Coast Guard....(he told me that he was feeling fine by the time that the helicopter arrived to pick him up and that he saw a 15 mile long weedline pretty close to shore...grin). Hats off to Mont for jumping in to give Jerry a ride back to Freeport. He is there waiting for the boat so that he can take his AJ's to the weigh in. I spoke with him last evening and he said that he is doing fine.

It sounds like the first two nights were tough pickings on the yellowfin....but that the last night was pretty good. Can't wait to hear the reports and see some pics!

·
485 Posts
its real easy to get dehydrate out there, definitely a wake up call as i usually dont eat or drink anything until getting to shore...glad to hear ur better jerry and congrats on that AJ!!

·
5,457 Posts
The Big E had 5 first place fish in the Fiesta. All were worth a grand each. Jerry's 2 AJ's were 101 and 91 lbs.

d-a

·
251 Posts
I always carry a IV kit with me when I go for just something like that happening. I have had to help on a guy when I was in Alaska. Everyone is so busy fishing and everything else they don't eat or drink any water. I am always scared I will get someone on that is having a heart attack fighting a fish. Glad to see your ok. I can not wait to hear the final total on everything. Steve

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Great pics, thanks for posting them. I will be on the BigE Aug 1st and hope to meet some of you. Maybe you can show me a thing or two if you all aren't too busy. This is my 2nd trip.. the first trip didn't cross the paths of any YF. I hope that changes this time... Cheers!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts