360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although this story has a sad ending....LOL , I am posting it to let the other 360Tuna members know about what in my opinion is simply the best system for a braided line to mono connection that there is. I say this not only for the strength of the system, but the incredible cast-ability and durability it affords. Some of you already know about Pametfisher's work, but some of you don't. I highly recommend looking into it if you are in the Big Game casting community. Below is a copy of the IM that I sent Pametfisher this morning.

"Yesterday my partner and I fought a giant on the Northern end of Stellwagen for over 2 hours. We had hooked the fish on a spinning setup consisting of a Tuna Sniper 60/80, Daiwa Saltiga Dogfight spinning reel, 80 lb. braid and one of your Streamline Wind-on leaders (Jinkai 100 lb.) to a sluggo on a Owner Jighead. We fought the fish under 20 lbs of pretest drag (straight pull) and bumped it up at the end. Never saw the fish simply because we really could not lift him and get him to come up. At the end game, the fish was waivering and close to rolling onto his side. We were pushing the fish really hard because it had run into an area with several gillnets and we needed to boat it. When we broke off, we only had 50 feet to go and the fish was taking no more drag. The leader had chaffed near the fishes mouth and broke there. The serve and splice on the leader was still in perfect condition to the point that I am tempted to use it again. I wish we could have seen the fish to know exactly how big it was, but it was not in the cards. Thought you might like the feedback at least and I will want to purchase more of your leaders! Thanks Roger!"

1 - 1 of 1 Posts