Thanksgiving Reef Donkey Rodeo 11/26-11/27

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by The Business, Nov 28, 2008.

1. The Business

The Business Member

We started out Wednesday morning a man down. My youngest nephew was down for the count with a cold. My big nephew, son, & I headed out for some AJ's and were greeted with Awesome weather. Reached our first spot and hooked up on the first drop.

[​IMG]

Uncle this things really pull...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Charlie hooked is first AJ on his own and really didn't need any help until we had a tanglin issue boat side.

The sick nephew was feeling rejeuvinated after our Thanksgiving lunch, so he and headed out for a quick trip. Hoping for his first AJ, he jigged up his first Groupers. One was about an inch a way from the frying pan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm going to get me another Grouper...

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q310/bigpapajt/PC280022-1.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q310/bigpapajt/PC280025.jpg

Race home for our Second Thanksgiving meal and Turkey induced slumber.

2. gman

gman Senior Member

great report always good to see kids fishing. where are you located? looks liek you had good weather

3. A.whitman

A.whitman Senior Member

the weather was perfect here too. did you pick up some new gear? what rods and reels were you using? nice to see you went fishing.

Andrew

4. gman

gman Senior Member

those are Trevalas you can tell by the black diamond foregrip

5. ToneyC

ToneyC Senior Member

Good report, It's nice to see you taking some future monster hunters out for the day.

6. The Business

The Business Member

Gman - We were fishing out of Panama City Beach

AW - That's the little trevala and Saragosa 5000 combo that I picked up at the CCA banquet. I'd like to find a little heavier rod to match to the reel. How do you like your Sea Magic Dragon Fly?

The kids Rock!

7. A.whitman

A.whitman Senior Member

i liked it. but i got a good deal on an oti 600 which i couldnt pass up. i sold the seamagic. much better than a trevala but not an oti. i also had a custom rod built for my main jigging rod. its perfect. 300g max.

8. The Business

The Business Member

Andrew,
    What rod you would you pair with the reel? I'm mainly Grouper fishing in 30-60 ft of water. Also, what was the grouper jig that you posted on Ksongs tog/grouper trip?