Texas Tuna Tournament

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by rhale, Jul 31, 2009.

1. rhale

rhale Senior Member

Texas Tuna Mania

I found this on another site. Thought some of you might be interested.

Looks like a cool tourney that will pay out good. I wish it was out of Port A, I would be in for sure...

2. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

Man that sounds like a fun tournament! To many damn weddings in august!

Ronnie you can leave from Port A, if you have a good catch just run into surfside...
    Hell I might skip the wedding...

3. bigscrnman

bigscrnman Senior Member

Texas Tuna Mania

I found this on another site. Thought some of you might be interested.

Looks like a cool tourney that will pay out good. I wish it was out of Port A, I would be in for sure...

Tell you what, I will pay the entry fee and tournament fuel if you want to bring the Hale Yeah to freeport! I am dying to fish this tourney!

4. TxGulfTuna

TxGulfTuna Member

Anyone heard the results of the first annual tx tuna mania tourney?

5. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

I heard Team Minnow-Soda/OTI won the tournament.

6. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

how about a report and a few pictures?????.....rick

7. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Report coming.. we caught 7 tuna , the largest three totaled just over 200lbs . Tired as hell will post a report afterwhile.. Our largest yft was 101lbs.
    great tournament, weather was great, Fishing was tough..

8. Bret

Bret Senior Member

here are some more pics. We lost one after a battle that lasted nearly 6 hrs.
    we had the fish just shy of gaff range 2 times and deep color several times.
    the 101 lb put up a hell of a fight as well.. nearly 2hr fight to get that fish in the boat.. Those tuna at gunnison have been eating their wheaties. the other 6 fish we caught were between 40 and 52 lbs. Fishing was slow but there were some big fish there.. we had to try everything to get them to bite. Thanks to Tj and Oti for the awesome products.

Attached Files:

9. Jason4606

Jason4606 Tuna Club member

10. crazyjigr

crazyjigr Senior Member

GOOD JOB! on the first place finish.

11. jt2hunt

jt2hunt Senior Member

12. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Nice job. Congratulations on your victory.
    Sea conditions weren't as predicted either.

6 hours on one fish.:eek: :eek: :eek: Sounds like a tackle problem occurred during the battle. I would guess that whatever failed got tossed in the deep blue.:)

13. ichibahn

ichibahn ** Pak Lurah **

Congratulations guys !!!
    It's the way to go with OTI sponsor.

14. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Good job. How big do you think the one that got away was?

15. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

Curious minds wanna know about the 6 hour fight. Did yall ever get a look at it? Giants in the gulf?
    Congratulations on the win. How many teams entered the first tournament? It'll probably triple next year.

Fred

16. Pope

Pope Senior Member

Curious minds wanna know about the 6 hour fight. Did yall ever get a look at it? Giants in the gulf?
    Congratulations on the win. How many teams entered the first tournament? It'll probably triple next year.

Fred

Yes sir. Six hours is insane.

17. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Nice job. Congratulations on your victory.
    Sea conditions weren't as predicted either.

6 hours on one fish.:eek: :eek: :eek: Sounds like a tackle problem occurred during the battle. I would guess that whatever failed got tossed in the deep
    blue.:)

avet 30 narrow F'd up about 2 hrs into the fight.. I took the rod after 41/2 hrs. only to break it off about 20ft from the boat. I had to use both thumbs on the spool drum to make enough drag to make any head way.. had the fish in death circles bringing him up and for some reason just jumped out of the death circle and headed away from the boat.... was gone just like that..
    It was a great tournament.. I am sure there will be more boats next year.. the fish was probably 150lbs..

18. fathom

fathom Lifetime Supporting Members

Great report Bret and congrats to the team! 6 hr.s! STAMINA! some tunas got it , some don't.

19. rhale

rhale Senior Member

Good job guys !!!!!!!! Sucks that yall lost the big one due to tackle failure.

20. Bret

Bret Senior Member

better tuna pic... got this off of tuna mania site..

Attached Files: