360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A 40"er.

About the only thing this fish is good for. Too big for sashimi and too small to put on the wall. Take a picture and let him be on his way.

·
Banned
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome!!! did you get it on the Cabo?

I actually ended up trading the cabo for a biomaster. :eek: hehe. But no, I caught this guy on medium light tackle. It's so much more fun that way.

·
Banned
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi John , did you fished the Biomaster ? sorry I did not get back to you...maybe next time thought . That bull its a monster

Yea I did. I also almost lost it. haha. I casted it out and left it resting on the pier and went to setup another outfit, and then BAM! I forgot to open the drag and the only thing that kept the whole setup from going over was the reel clinging on to the edge of the pier...it was crazy! You missed out Anthony. We're goin down again next weekend, you should come.

·
12 Posts
Want to see some drum, lookie here. Taken about 1/2 mile off the Outer Banks of NC directly across from Kill Devil Hill. Sharks were chasing them.

·
1,703 Posts
Hell, you'd be doing that too if a shark was chasin ya! btw, you dont have to swim faster than the shark, only faster than your friend...

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
IGS, I cant wait till next weekend. Glad you got to get some action.. I have just been eating and drinking nonstop.. See yall in a few days! I will be driving back from Chicago tomorrow

·
1,086 Posts
Nice Photo, I know where you were. The Flounder are going to start stacking up on that deep flat about 200 yds behind you during Oct.
But I'm sure you know the drill.:)

Kev

·
Banned
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice Photo, I know where you were. The Flounder are going to start stacking up on that deep flat about 200 yds behind you during Oct.
But I'm sure you know the drill.:)

Kev

OOOHHHh yeah! Last year, they were in there so thick, that I was steping on them while wading in that water. It was sick!

·
Banned
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sure looks to me like the Saltiga Surf Reel I sent from Florida ...LOL

haha close. That fish was caught on a another Daiwa reel. I don't remember which one, as it was when I was going through my "Daiwa" phase. It was caught last year, right around this time. I have other plans for that Saltiga I got from you. Hehe

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Are these bullreds active at night Or is there a optim. time to catch them? I know it probably all depends on the tide right??

·
4,723 Posts
Are these bullreds active at night Or is there a optim. time to catch them? I know it probably all depends on the tide right??

You can catch them day or night. They follow the schools of mullet and other bait fish around so the tide will affect them. You want to fish them on incoming and outgoing tides as the bait fish will move in and out of channel pathways during these times. Redfish are lazy fish and will take dead/cut bait quicker than live bait. Cut mullet and shad are the basic cut bait used. Are you still going despite the amount of rainfall that's passed through the area? :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts