Texas kingfish

Discussion in 'Pelagics' started by cchris, May 17, 2017.

1. cchris

cchris Senior Member

Hi guys. What's the best place to catch Kings in Texas?
    I saw some nice videos with guys catching Kings on a jetty in Freeport? Are there any other places you guys would recommend? I really want to catch some nice ones before I leave for Germany in October.

2. cchris

cchris Senior Member

I am also referring to party boats as well not just jetty fishing. Is there a party boat that does a "kingfish special"?
    I heard the scat cat used to have a 12 hour trip that produced some nice kingfish

3. jiggingnut

jiggingnut Junior member

DD out of PA does kingfish from the stern of their boats drifting sardines. I like their 12hrs, but I don't drift baits. I speed jigs for just about any fish.

4. lite-liner

lite-liner distinguished membrane

Takes pretty special conditions to catch kingfish off the jetties here, but it happens every year,
    on every set of jetties, all down the coast. if you have a online service like ripcharts,
    (or better, Hiltons), the chlorophyl map will help you figure out when there's clean & green on the beach
    find fish in your own boat without going 10 nm, anyway. theyre thick......

cchris likes this.
  5. lite-liner

lite-liner distinguished membrane

they love turkey sliders.
    and williamson vortex.

......you've been warned........:cool:

6. cchris

cchris Senior Member

I don't mind feeding them some jigs, got enough and to tell you the truth I'm more of a swimbait/slider guy

7. cchris

cchris Senior Member

I gave them a call, I might be going out Saturday with them provided conditions are right

8. cchris

cchris Senior Member

Check these guys out, I think they are fishing in Freeport

9. jiggingnut

jiggingnut Junior member

CCHRIS, did you get to go catch kingfish?

10. cchris

cchris Senior Member

I wish I did, had everything ready, bought a lot of lures as well for this trip( 2 and 3 oz kastmasters, 3 oz spoons , big red fins weighted by me, 1 oz rattletraps weighted close to 2 oz, kingfish rigs...etc). Got everything ready and my stupid car started acting up...shakes and doesn't run well, has trouble getting in higher rpm, all of a sudden too. Spent the day buying spark plugs, cables , full tune up...$150 later still not found the problem, ran good for about 10 min and then started acting again. Really bummed about this weekend, had high hopes for catching a kingfish.

11. cchris

cchris Senior Member

Good all Mitsubishi motors, have to take out half the engine just to change the spark plugs :)

Attached Files:

12. jiggingnut

jiggingnut Junior member

Sorry to hear about your car trouble. But look at the bright side, it happened while you're still at home. And you're all set to catch kings next time you go.

About your car, were you able to fix it? Same thing happened to my f150 last year. Turned out that 1 of the fuel injectors had a broken wiring harness connector and was not shooting fuel into the cylinder. My mechanic just siliconed it and still holding up.

cchris likes this.
  13. cchris

cchris Senior Member

Injectors are next on my list, I was thinking maybe there is something obstructing the flow of gas because I discovered problem come and goes...my friend came to look at it and it drove just fine, half an hour later I took it to get some groceries from heb and on the way there starting shaking again and not getting in higher rpm.