Texas Fishing Board Charter, or the CTFB 06 Charter

Discussion in 'Boat Pooling' started by Minnow, May 7, 2006.

1. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

Hi folks, once again we've gotten some people wanting to know if there is enough interest in a limited load 52 hour tuna trip on the Big E this fall.
    Another fishing board has booked the Big E in late October, and some of the folks that went on the Halloween '05 Big E trip are on that trip.
    However, others have asked us to see if enough folks are still out there wanting to do another 52 hour private charter.
    We tried this a few months ago and got a few replies, but interest seems to high now.
    We know the Big E is available September 29th-October 1st, (a quarter moon), and as always we would organize the trip to the desire of the groups wishes regarding the number going and so forth.
    The charter cost is $20,000 for up to 40 people, and we are organizing the trip in late October for about $14 a person.
    Based on 30 people going at $20,000 plus our fee the cost per person would be $680.
    For 35 people the total cost would be $580 per person.
    For 38 people (that is the number going on the 2006 late October trip) the total cost would be $540 per person.
    We propose to post this on the three major Texas fishing boards, plus all other Texas fishing boards. If there is enough interest we'd collect at least $350 per person for the $10,000 deposit.
    We will refer to this trip as the Combined Texas Fishing Board Charter, or the CTFB 06 Charter
    It will be a first post up, and first pay deal, with Paypal being available, however that will add Paypal's fee's.
    We'll update the list for those that post up as in on the trip and we'll see how it goes.
    If we get 30-35 interested there can be no lagging on paying the deposits as Captain Elliot's policy is to pay the deposit within a few weeks.
    If there are any questions feel free to contact us at too@outdoorstexas.com or by calling us at (210)215-3877

2. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

this is a great chance to experience a great boat and an awesome offshore yellowfin tuna trip. i have fished the boat several times and if i didn't have 2 trips already booked for october on the big e i would be on this one....rick

3. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

Welcome to 360tuna.com
    Thank you sign up, and i hope to see alots of you post here,

4. TOO

TOO Senior member

Updated List

CTFBC Big E 52 hour trip 2006
    1. Mudskipper
    2. Mudskipper
    3. Txseadog
    4. Wahoo-Yahoo
    5. Wahoo-Yahoo
    6. Minnows
    7. RueHoo
    8. jra7654
    9. T3
    10. T3
    11. WillyT
    12. WillyT
    13. ankaa
    14. Skawlded Dog
    15. Robert Smith
    16. Robert Smith
    17. Cat O’ Lies
    18. Cat O’ Lies

5. bellyup

bellyup Member

TJ, are we going to have this trip catered? I am all for this trip catered with hot food. I just signed myself up with 4 others.

6. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

TJ, are we going to have this trip catered? I am all for this trip catered with hot food. I just signed myself up with 4 others.

Scott, I don't make the call on this trip, the man in charge will be TOO is my guess.
    Hot food included sounds great.

Rue and I are signed up for this trip, there maybe 3 others. I will know more by Sunday evening.

Looking forward to fish with you and Deep_Blue_Gulf

7. TOO

TOO Senior member

Folks, there has been a date change to September 15-17th 2006. We've emailed/PM everyone on the list below. We may have some drop out due to date conflicts so we'll accept standby's if they are needed.
    We'll discuss hot meals as some as we get the the deposit fund taken care of.
    right now we need to see if we casn remain at 35 and have enough commit to the trip.

September 15-17th, 2006
    1. Mudskipper
    2. Mudskipper
    3. Txseadog
    4. Wahoo-Yahoo
    5. Wahoo-Yahoo
    6. Wahoo-Yahoo
    7. Minnows
    8. RueHoo
    9. jra7654
    10. T3
    11. T3
    12. WillyT
    13. WillyT
    14. ankaa
    15. Skawlded Dog
    16. Robert Smith
    17. Robert Smith
    18. Cat O’ Lies
    19. Cat O’ Lies
    20. Cat O’ Lies
    21. pacontender
    22. mike in woodlands
    23. mike in woodlands
    24. Sea crappie
    25. 302help
    26. Deep Blue Gulf
    27. starshine
    28. Bellyup
    29. Bellyup
    30. Bellyup
    31. Bellyup
    32. jt2hunt
    33. jt2hunt
    34. jt2hunt
    35. cjb2679

8. TOO

TOO Senior member

We've PM/emailed everyone on the list below. We've had two pull out and added another to the list.

The "yes" next to the name is their being OK with the new dates. We've listed received deposits next to the names as well.
    The group is at 34 right now and we are limiting it to 35, so if someone wnats to jump on the trip lets us know.
    Dates to consider: 1st payment Due: $350 (or more) from everyone on the list by June 15th, 2006.
    2nd payment: Due August 24th, 2006. Balance of your cost due to us. This is the cancellation date to not lose the deposit. No exceptions here.
    September 1st, 2006 remainder of balance due to Captain Elliott's.
    We will give the folks on the list until Sunday evening June 11th, 2006 to inform us of the commitment to fish on the revised dates and to get their payment on the way to us.
    After that, we will open the charter to anyone interested in the trip, based on who has not paid or contacted us with a confirmation of the trip. Those interested will have until June 15th, to have a deposit on the way to us via mail. Again we'll accept a Paypal payment but you'll incur the 3.5% fee, and we really don't want to see folks paying an additional 3% on top of the $585 cost, unless you absolutely need or want to pay that way. Just understand that added fee.

If we are to get this trip done we need deposits right away. Captain Elliott's has their business rules and that is what we will follow.

September 15-17th, 2006
    1. Mudskipper
    2. Mudskipper
    3. Txseadog
    4. Wahoo-Yahoo
    5. Wahoo-Yahoo
    6. Wahoo-Yahoo
    7. Minnows
    8. RueHoo
    9. jra7654
    10. T3-yes
    11. T3-yes
    12. WillyT
    13. WillyT
    14. ankaa
    15. Skawlded Dog
    16. Cat O’ Lies
    17. Cat O’ Lies
    18. Cat O’ Lies
    19. pacontender
    20. mike in woodlands-$300
    21. mike in woodlands-$300
    22. Sea crappie
    23. 302help
    24. Deep Blue Gulf-yes
    25. starshine -$350-yes
    26. Bellyup-yes
    27. Bellyup-yes
    28. Bellyup-yes
    29. Bellyup-yes
    30. jt2hunt-yes
    31. jt2hunt-yes
    32. jt2hunt-yes
    33. jt2hunt-yes
    34. cjb2679

9. Mike in Woodlands

Mike in Woodlands Junior member

I like the idea of hot food as well.

Cooking on a trip like this will take a commitment and will cost the cook some serious fishing time, not counting the preparation time. Mike

10. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

welcome aboard Mike.

Hot food sounds good.
    Is the price of the charter included food?
    if not included, how much per person?

11. TOO

TOO Senior member

Sorry for the delay folks, but something came up that needed and still does need my attention, but we'll be able to communicate better now.

We've PM'ed or emailed everyone that is on the list. We gave them until Sunday but early Monday I had to spend time elsewhere.

The following is a list of folks that have sent a deposit, have one on the way, or have said yes to the date change. The list is not in any order excpt they were the first ones to commit. If the 35 person commits and then doesn't send a deposit, and someone else contacts us and make the effort to get his deposit to us before the other one does, that second person will ge that spot.
    If there is not a deposit amount of a "yes" next to the name, then that person has not responded to our contact.
    We are opening the September date again to anyone that wishes to go on this private charter.
    If you wish to join the charter then we must have you call us at (210)215-3877 or email us at too@outdoorstexas.com. PM's will not cut it this time as I will be away from the computer off and on the next few days.
    We will bump those without an afirmative from the list as others contact us. If a person is removed from the list then contacts us with a yes to the new date we will add them back to the list.
    Can't see of any other way to make this trip happen. It will be a mess for us, but we will make it work out.
    If anyone knows someone without the yes by their name and can contact them and let them know then please do so if you would.
    Our self imposed deadline is Wednesday night, and so far we are at 21 committed.
    Papermouth67 and Bud12 called and discussed the trip and are in on it.
    We are limiting the trip to the first 35 people committed, and we will not drag Captain Elliott's deadline out past this weekend. If we are not at 35 by then we will cancel the trip. Folks are running out of time.

TJ, food is not included at this cost. We can and will provide meals if the group wants to pay for that. The cost should be around $25-$35 depending on the type of food and so on. IF we get to 35 people we will explore this option, but right now we are having a hard time getting the last 9 folks to respond to out emails and PM's. If we can get the charter secured, we'll talk food.
    Cinco has expressed an interest in food, but it has to been finalized whether or not there will be food on Cinco.

September 15-17th, 2006
    1. Deep Blue Gulf- $350
    2. starshine -$350
    3. Bellyup- $350
    4. Bellyup- $350
    5. Bellyup- $350
    6. Bellyup- $350
    7. Bellyup- $350
    8. mike in woodlands-$300
    9. mike in woodlands-$300
    10. T3-$300
    11. T3-$300
    12. Skawlded Dog- $300
    13. StxFisherman-$338
    14. pacontender-yes
    15. Mudskipper-yes
    16. Mudskipper-yes
    17. jt2hunt-yes
    18. jt2hunt-yes
    19. jt2hunt-yes
    20. jt2hunt-yes
    21. Papermouth 67-yes
    22. Bud12 –yes
    23. Cat O’ Lies- yes
    24. Cat O’ Lies-yes
    25. Minnows-yes
    26. RueHoo-yes
    27. Txseadog
    28. Wahoo-Yahoo
    29. Wahoo-Yahoo
    30. Wahoo-Yahoo
    31. jra7654
    32. WillyT
    33. WillyT
    34. ankaa
    35. Sea crappie
    36. 302help
    37. cjb2679

12. bellyup

bellyup Member

I want to make sure this trip goes. If we get tight, maybe we should bring it up to some of the West Coast guys. It would be a great opportunity for them to check things out over here.

13. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I want to make sure this trip goes. If we get tight, maybe we should bring it up to some of the West Coast guys. It would be a great opportunity for them to check things out over here.
    I wish I join the trip, but I have another tuna charter here.
    I think you have enough guys. Why do you want to fish 40 guys ? I always prefer to fish less guys though it cost extra. If I charter the Big E, I would limit to 30 guys. Whenever I charter a tuna boat, I always limit to 20-25 guys though most tuna boats I charter are 95'-100' which have enough room for 30-35 guys.
    I am going on the 6 day panga-mothership Erik trip out of San Felipe to fish Sea of Cortez this Saterday and we are going to fish with 2 guys on a panga instead of normal three guys though it cost more.
    30 guys on the Big E instead of 40 guys make a big difference. :)

14. bellyup

bellyup Member

Ksong, we plan to limit it to 35 people. The problem is we need those that said they want to go to pay $350 very soon so we can place the $10,000 deposit and have the boat securely reserved for that weekend. Otherwise, we risk losing the boat that weekend to another party or a couple of Big E snapper runs with the public.

Good luck on your trip!! Post pics!

Scott

15. bellyup

bellyup Member

Trip now has 35 + some reserve spots. Minnow, it is a go!! I can't wait to fish with you and Rue. My ocea jigger 4000P will be here at the end of the week. I bought the new trevala XXH rod for it and I am ready to jig again. I am hoping to catch most of my fish on topwater and jigging. Last trip I had a ridiculous hook up and land ratio, catching all my AJs and YFT on lures.

16. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

Bellyup,

it's 86 more day for this trip, I can't wait to be on the water again and looking forward to fish with you.

Congrat on your new reel, let me know how it cast?
    I am thinking of using the 4000P for casting popper. Do you think it will cast better than Trinidad 40?

17. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

TJ- My last trip, I spent some time throwing Surface Cruisers with my Kaikon 3000.

It was unbelievable how far it would cast. Much farther than the 700TE because it didn't have the line winder.

I hadn't even degreased the bearings either.

I think the 4000 would do well too since the spool is bigger.

18. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

Tom,
    Which reel have you try? Kaikon 3000 or Ocea jigger 3000?
    I think Kaikon 3000 and Ocea Jigger 4000P are two different type of reel.
    Kakon was design for bottom snapper fishing and the Ocea jigger 4000P is design for jigging.

I used to have Kaikon 3000 and like it alot.

19. Ragman

Ragman Moderator

I have the Kaikon!

TJ- Check your email about the bass fishing!!!

20. TOO

TOO Senior member

The CTFB charter is full at 35 with two standbys. Look for a post soon with the specifics and final tally.
    We expect all payments from the last fishermen by Friday and we'll have everyone in place.