Team Cape May Tackle Rtn to Panama Yamaha Tournament Isla Contadora

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by Boston Tangler, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Boston Tangler

Boston Tangler Site Sponsor

23rd Annual Yamaha Tournament
    Isla Contadora
    Panama Sport Fishing Lodge

Peter, Raza and Reggie will be flying down to Panama next week to meet up with John and Captains Macho & Capt Sergio to fish the 23rd Annual Yamaha Tournament out of Isla Contadora, an island about 40 miles NE of Panama City.

We are fishing a Yamaha powered 29' Stamas Tarpon Center Console. The majority of our rods are OTI (7'6 and Tuna Snipers, new reels we will be fishing include the hot new Jigging Master PE4 (Kil) and the new Alutecnos Gorilla 12 C with Ergo handles (Mason). Lines from Western Filament (Tuf Line XP), hooks from OTI, VMC, Owner and Gamakatsu.

We had some great successes this past April in Panama. Including a large #230 Allison (Yellowfin Tuna), a #140 Yellowfin, many #100 on Poppers, Rangers, Tadys and other top water lures, We plan to improve on the those catches.

Some goals our goals for the trip are to gather a ton of good footage for the coming launch of our marketing campaign "I Got Hammered! on a CM220! Jig". Our brand new Hammered Diamond Jig, the CM220 - a combination East Coast Hammered Diamond Crossed with the swimming action of a West Coast Iron. We will try to catch a very wide variety of fish on this hot new lure, from Big Snowy Grouper, to Snapper, Amberjacks and of course casting and trolling them for Yellowfin and Wahoo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Following the fishing tournament, we will attend the award dinner Sunday, do some networking and then off to the Panama Sportfishing Lodge for several days of product testing.

We are going to focus purely on fishing our own products; from the CM220 Hammered Diamond, the new 12" 8 oz Tuna Candy in Glow and Rasta, to the 6" and 9" Bulb Hollow Trolling Squids and Hand Made Spreader Bars and Daisy Chains. We will also show case the new line of HPA gear including the Split Ring Pliers, Popperstore, Verticle Jig Bag, Companion Dry Bag, Surf Pack, BassPack and others.

Stay Tuned!

Dan

www.capemaytackle.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

great looking jig! i want a few

3. d-a

d-a Senior Member

great looking jig! i want a few

You want everything LOL

d-a

4. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

You want everything LOL

d-a
    doug, im still trying to catch up to you! those jigs look fantastic cant wait to try em out

5. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I carry the jigs at my shop.
    The jig looks good unlike you see on normal ebay.
    Dan's idea of using solid ring on both sides for hammered diamon jig is very appealing.
    CM220 is weighs about 8.5 oz while my 7.5 flat hammerd diamon jig weighs 7.5 oz which you can buy only at my shop. The uique flat design of 7.5 oz diamond jigs becomes one of number one tuna catcher on the East Coast.
    We had two bluefin on 7.5 oz flat hammered diamond jigs when I fished on Capt Dom's boat last Friday.

[​IMG]

6. d-a

d-a Senior Member

doug, im still trying to catch up to you! those jigs look fantastic cant wait to try em out

I dont have near as much as i need.

d-a

7. Enoch

Enoch Senior Member

i like the solid to swivel and solid ring on the other end...

8. gman

gman Senior Member

Dan do you have a picture of HPA vertical jig bag. My shout jig bag is absolutely trashed so I need a new one. Right now the JM big bag looks great

9. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I want to see an inside pic of the HPA waterproof bag. Does it have any integral padding so one could keep photography equipment and reels. What is the size and price of the bag?

I'm glad you took on the HPA line. I was one drink short of doing it myself in Panama.:eek: It's a great line. You should do well with it.

10. gman

gman Senior Member

i cant even find a web site for them

11. d-a

d-a Senior Member

12. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

i cant even find a web site for them
    My shop is an exclusive dealer of HPA products in the US.
    Shipments are coming. I am going to post pictures of the products as well as prices soon after I consult with Dan.

13. Boston Tangler

I want to see an inside pic of the HPA waterproof bag. Does it have any integral padding so one could keep photography equipment and reels. What is the size and price of the bag?

I'm glad you took on the HPA line. I was one drink short of doing it myself in Panama.:eek: It's a great line. You should do well with it.

Mr. Bill thanks for the kind words, it is a top quality bag and I thank Peter for urging me to do it. The answer is Yes there are several velcro tabs along the side walls of the bag and HPA offers a camera/reel "Cradle" that velcros into place. I do not have the cradles in stock, but they are on order. I hate to play around on the price, but with import you never really know the true final cost until it lands and even then customs has 30 days to invoice duty if they feel like it. But I would say that bag without the extra cradles is a $75 to $79 item. The cradles are inexpensive as are these dry pouches

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Boston Tangler

Dan do you have a picture of HPA vertical jig bag. My shout jig bag is absolutely trashed so I need a new one. Right now the JM big bag looks great

Yes Here are some shots it is a very nice solution for short to medium (8 oz) jigs - which are held upright. It does have a nice sized zippered pocket which will hold the 10 to 12 oz ones. This bag is built like a tank - Kil has these on order and they left the factory on the 12th so any time now....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. gman

gman Senior Member

how are the jigs held upright and how many can be stored

16. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Glenn

Looks like there made for jigs with tail hooks.

d-a

17. Boston Tangler

yes they are held in place by the hook. You can also put small to medium sized poppers in the clear tubes if you take off the hooks.

18. Boston Tangler

Reggie flew down to Panama today, followed by Peter and Raza in the morning. Our Gorilla 12C reels arrived just in time as did some new forged trebles from VMC (John didn't think they would make it but have a box of 3/0 and 4/0 for you to try out).

Stay tuned and when the fishing starts, I'll start a new thread to post the photos....

19. Billiam

Billiam Moderator

I would think it would be ezier to put the jigs with out hooks in the tube, or a few with assist hooks on in the tube and have the poppers in the external compartments with hook covers.

Boston Tangler - Look forward to your postings.

20. Boston Tangler

Yes but I've been using mine as a "boat bag" not really for travel. I like that the lid flips open and I can grab a jig quickly but the hooks do kind of flop over on the longer jigs.

Peter and Raza flew out this morning. They got their balls busted at the airport - where they were 21 lbs overweight (probably my Hammered Jigs LOL) - counter gave them a break and let them go out and buy another carry on - repacked and got it all on the plane.