360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered Shimano Tcurve Bluewater GT special from Australia, cost me 300 USD at my door. Any1 tried it before? Seems like a good rod with high specs & features.

·
4,723 Posts
They look like boat rods to me? Seems heavy for all day casting/popping. A better choice would have been Shimano Caranx Kaibutsu Pencil Instrument or Long Cast. Long Cast would be a heavier outfit. The new OTI Tuna Sniper 40-60lb rods @ $350 USD would have been an excellent choice for your application and cheaper than the Caranx:

360Tackle :: Rods :: Tuna Sniper 8'6" Popping rod

·
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Shimano Caranx Kaibutsu seem like a better rod than the Tcurve!! Do you have any idea about the weight of the Tcurve GT special?

·
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aren't they both the same rods, but with different looks for different markets?

·
1,553 Posts
Aren't they both the same rods, but with different looks for different markets?
are you talking about the bluewater gt rods and the kaibutsu? the kaibutsu is nice, especially for the price

·
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does any1 know whats the difference between Shimano Bluewater Tcurve GT special & Shimano Caranx Kaibutsu?

·
1,553 Posts
minstortackle on ebay. good prices and cheap shipping. hes in malaysia btw. dont know the difference between the two.

·
1,553 Posts
max drags are pretty similiar on all the rods as long as they are in the same pe line rating. i think you'll be fine with the rod you have or the kaibutsu.

·
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, but they are not in the same PE line rating! Tcurve PE 3-8 the Kaibutsu PE 8-12

·
1,553 Posts
dont know. i only use 18-22lbs of drag anyway. you'll know once you get your hands on it and pull what kind of pressure it'll hold. the kaibutsu or any rod with a pe rating 8-12 will be real powerful. even if only states a certain amount of drag.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts