TCurve Bluwater GT Special

Discussion in 'Rods and Rod Blanks' started by rebel, Feb 10, 2009.

1. rebel

rebel Senior Member

Just ordered Shimano Tcurve Bluewater GT special from Australia, cost me 300 USD at my door. Any1 tried it before? Seems like a good rod with high specs & features.

2. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

They look like boat rods to me? Seems heavy for all day casting/popping. A better choice would have been Shimano Caranx Kaibutsu Pencil Instrument or Long Cast. Long Cast would be a heavier outfit. The new OTI Tuna Sniper 40-60lb rods @ $350 USD would have been an excellent choice for your application and cheaper than the Caranx:

360Tackle :: Rods :: Tuna Sniper 8'6" Popping rod

3. rebel

rebel Senior Member

The Shimano Caranx Kaibutsu seem like a better rod than the Tcurve!! Do you have any idea about the weight of the Tcurve GT special?

4. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

Sorry, I have no idea about the TCurve, you'll have to dig around the net and see for yourself.

5. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

6. rebel

rebel Senior Member

Aren't they both the same rods, but with different looks for different markets?

7. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

Aren't they both the same rods, but with different looks for different markets?
    are you talking about the bluewater gt rods and the kaibutsu? the kaibutsu is nice, especially for the price

8. rebel

rebel Senior Member

Where can I get any of them from the U.S?

9. rebel

rebel Senior Member

Does any1 know whats the difference between Shimano Bluewater Tcurve GT special & Shimano Caranx Kaibutsu?

10. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

minstortackle on ebay. good prices and cheap shipping. hes in malaysia btw. dont know the difference between the two.

11. rebel

rebel Senior Member

Any idea about max drag on the Caranx Kaibutsu? The Tcurve drag is 25 lbs

12. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

max drags are pretty similiar on all the rods as long as they are in the same pe line rating. i think you'll be fine with the rod you have or the kaibutsu.

13. rebel

rebel Senior Member

Yes, but they are not in the same PE line rating! Tcurve PE 3-8 the Kaibutsu PE 8-12

14. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

dont know. i only use 18-22lbs of drag anyway. you'll know once you get your hands on it and pull what kind of pressure it'll hold. the kaibutsu or any rod with a pe rating 8-12 will be real powerful. even if only states a certain amount of drag.