Tanzania 2013 with Mady & Jason

Discussion in 'Saltywater Tackle' started by sami G, May 4, 2012.

1. sami G

sami G Site Sponsor

I've had the pleasure to fish with Mady and Jason in Tanzania couple of years ago,
    the report are coming solid with descent size Dogtooth tuna catch,i feel it is time to pay them a visit,
    i am planning to put a trip together for 2013 but don't know the exact dates yet,
    i was wondering if any of the 360 members would be interested to join me on this trip, this is a strictly jigging and popping trip and no bait will be used :)
    interested call me at the shop at 718 648 2665 or email us at [email protected]
    expect to catch monster Doggies, GT's, Ruby snapper, Grouper and many other species.
    the following is from my trip in 2008 :)

Attached Files:

2. fathom

fathom Lifetime Supporting Members

26a.jpg

Sami, you know this is a better pic ;)

keep me posted, I saw the big dogtooth Jason posted on fb.

3. Nepptune

Nepptune Senior Member

Didn't that pic end up in Sportfishing magazine a couple years back?? ;)

4. fish520

fish520 Senior Member

I'm in for sure buddy! just let me know the date :D

5. Saltywater tackle

Saltywater tackle Site Sponsor

From the response that i have so far, i am going to need 2 boats :)

Tight lines
    Sami

6. FishDisco

FishDisco Senior Member

7. sami G

sami G Site Sponsor

The latest from Tanzania!!

Attached Files:

8. Capt. Dom

Capt. Dom Site Sponsor

Damn!!! Thats a huge DT!! What month are you looking at planning this Sami?

9. sami G

sami G Site Sponsor

Emirates Airline offer a descent price, the round trip ticket from JFK to Dar El Salam in Tanzania is $1390.00

I'm in 100%
    After your Southern Oman trip, I have no doubt :) your seat on this trip is reserved :p

Damn!!! Thats a huge DT!! What month are you looking at planning this Sami?
    Hi Captain,
    I was planning early Jan but looks like it is going to be the first week of December, another plan popped up for Jan 2013 :)

10. JerseyBrian

JerseyBrian Senior Member

Sami.... you are blessed. And I'm damn jealous lol

11. Aneil

Aneil Senior Member

Sami, I plan on being on this trip w you guys. Please keep me posted and let me know where to send deposit. I am stoked!

12. Saltywater tackle

Sami.... you are blessed. And I'm damn jealous lol
    One of these days you will join me brother :)

Sami, I plan on being on this trip w you guys. Please keep me posted and let me know where to send deposit. I am stoked!
    Hi Aneil,
    I got your email today and I couldn't have a chance to get back to you, the trip is actually full but it is not 100% confirmed that the guys are on the trip, if any drops out, you will be the first to be notified.
    i am in the process of booking another trip with Mady & Jason, will keep you guys posted :)

13. Aneil

Aneil Senior Member

Keep me posted.

14. sami G

sami G Site Sponsor

I just received an email from Mady, the trip is set for the first week of Dec 2012. I will fill you guys up with all the details, very exited :) I have a good feeling about this trip!

15. Saltywater tackle

Hi Guys,
    Please get in touch with us at the shop to settle down the deposit for the trip,
    The dates for the trip are as follow:
    2 Dec - arrival - Transport from airport to hotel - 2 double rooms B/B
    3 Dec - early in the morning travel to latham to reach by 11h00 approx, fish until late afternoon, night on anchor
    4 Dec - fish Lth until late afternoon, night on anchor
    5 Dec - fish lth until 14h00 approx, return to Dar (either Dar town) - night at the hotel
    6 Dec - day of rest - night at the hotel
    7 Dec - early in the morning travel to lth - to reach by 11 approx - fish until late afternoon - night on anchor
    8 Dec - fish Lth until 17h00 approx return to Dar to be back by 23h00 approx - Night at the hotel
    9 Dec - Transport to the airport - departure

On the 5th and 6th of December we will be staying at the lodge located in the southern area of Dar es Salam, which is much closer to Latham and will reduce the travelling distance from Hotel to Latham by half, therefore giving us more fishing time.
    we are planning another trip for April 2013 and will announce the dates soon, email us if you are interested.

Tight lines
    Sami

16. Saltywater tackle

Hey guys, we have 1 open spot for December 2012, interested call us at the shop or emai us.
    Tight lines
    Sami

17. Milton

Milton Senior Member

That "no bait" part...lol

18. Ripplefisher

Ripplefisher Member

Hey Sami,

Can I ask what jigs really worked for you with the doggies on your last trip..?

I have a trip booked with J & M this coming October (Squeezed it in just before a giant bluefin PEI trip..lol..! :)), although I am also planning on doing a few nights trolling for broadbill as well, and picked a good lunar phase for it I think..

Really want a good doggie - proved elusive out in Mada..!

I am fishing alone as it stands currently - anyone else who perhaps cant join Sami, and wants to fish those waters can send me a PM - happy to fish with another bloke..

Cheers, RF/Marc.

19. sami G

sami G Site Sponsor

Hey Sami,
    Can I ask what jigs really worked for you with the doggies on your last trip..?
    I have a trip booked with J & M this coming October (Squeezed it in just before a giant bluefin PEI trip..lol..! :)), although I am also planning on doing a few nights trolling for broadbill as well, and picked a good lunar phase for it I think..
    Really want a good doggie - proved elusive out in Mada..!
    I am fishing alone as it stands currently - anyone else who perhaps cant join Sami, and wants to fish those waters can send me a PM - happy to fish with another bloke..
    Cheers, RF/Marc.

Hi Marc,
    I suggest you to get in touch with Aneil, he is a member of 360 and wanted to go on my trip but unfortunately mine get filled up for December.
    As for the jig, we had success at that time and triggered a bite on the Deep liner and the Sevenseas along the Shout Shab Shab
    Good luck on your trip, i will be anxiously waiting to hear your report :)

20. Inspiro

Inspiro Senior Member

The latest from Tanzania!!

Is this a dogtooth?????!!!!!! why is it sooooooooo wide at the belly?
    I wonder what's the weight of this monster??