Tackle for July 3-6 Big E trip

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by Minnow, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

Hi guys,

I might have promised to bring tackle or rigging supplies for you. Can you please remind me what do you want?

Here are the lists of tackle i will bring with me OR if you need tackle for your trip please let me know.

7'6", 50lb popping rod for Scott
    5'5", 80lb jigging rod for Tom
    Grouper rigs for Doug

2. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

Thanks TJ, that's all that is on my list. Looking forward to fishing with you all again!

Tom - DeepBlueGulf

3. ALW

ALW Senior Member

Some of your smaller poppers green or blue with glow. The last Big E trips I was on the Tuna have been after the small poppers. I have a couple of Nemos. They look to big. Couple of red Jitterbel the next size down from 420 gm. Been catching YF just letting them hang out the side of the boat 300 ft.

Al

4. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Hi guys,

I might have promised to bring tackle or rigging supplies for you. Can you please remind me what do you want?

Here are the lists of tackle i will bring with me OR if you need tackle for your trip please let me know.

7'6", 50lb popping rod for Scott
    5'5", 80lb jigging rod for Tom
    Grouper rigs for Doug

Maybe a couple of the new popping rods to try out:D

d-a

5. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

Tom,
    Looking forward to fish with you again.

Al,
    Are talking about the Goana cruiser? how many and what colors?
    We sold out of the jitterbell 320g jigs, i do have the 420g jigs in stock.

Doug,
    I will have 3 of the 8 1/2 ft prototype popping rods with me, so you guys are welcome to try it out.

6. Grescobia

Grescobia Senior Member

WILL YOU TIE MY LEADER TO THE BRAIDED LINE FOR ME?

7. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

No problem Gres.

8. xs_tackle

xs_tackle Senior Member

TJ,
    How about a fork-lift to get all this stuff onto the boat w/o breaking into a sweat?:D

9. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Solid rigs, the round ones if you have them please.

10. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

TJ, do you have any weighted PR Bobbins? I haven't been able to find any. If not, maybe you can tie my braid to fluoro on my Stella 20K?

If you have any of the Komoto Dragon Poppers (from our Lloyn Noble tuna trip) - I'll take three in blue.

Looking forward to watching you in action again - the YFT don't stand a chance :)

Louis

11. d-a

d-a Senior Member

TJ,
    How about a fork-lift to get all this stuff onto the boat w/o breaking into a sweat?:D

No need, We have Uncle Russ

[​IMG]

d-a

12. ALW

ALW Senior Member

Minnow

I have most of your jigs including the 420gm Jitterbel. I was looking for a smaller popper, I have some so I will stick with what I have.

Thanks
    Al

13. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

I always wondered what UR looks like.

TJ, Please bring me a Wombat in "Flames" color. Everyone has it in Nemo and I am bound to become confused. Flames are cool.

14. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

You got it Scott.
    Btw, I just PM you.

15. d-a

d-a Senior Member

TJ

If you have some of the Braid split ring pliers, I would like another set.

d-a

16. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

You got it D-A

17. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

TJ, do you have any weighted Page Ranking Bobbins? I haven't been able to find any. If not, maybe you can tie my braid to fluoro on my Stella 20K?

If you have any of the Komoto Dragon Poppers (from our Lloyn Noble tuna trip) - I'll take three in blue.

Looking forward to watching you in action again - the YFT don't stand a chance :)

Louis

Louis,

Yes I have one bobins, btw it's available at Basspro Shop.
    Which popper are you refering to?

Looking forward to fish with you again.

18. awesum

awesum Senior Member

Minnow

I have most of your jigs including the 420gm Jitterbel. I was looking for a smaller popper, I have some so I will stick with what I have.

Thanks
    Al

Al ....

If they are wanting small poppers I will have some extra Tuna Hunter Jrs. and Frenzy poppers you can try.;)

Bobby

19. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

TJ, I have one from BPS and was told this am weights could be added to a regular thread spool - so I'm good. Angler's pro shop sells both the PR Bobbin and metal spools as a set but they're been out of stock for a couple of months.
    The poppers at Lloyd Noble you had were about 1 1/2 times larger than the full size poppers you carry. You mentioned they were still prototypes. I think you even had some that were unpainted (still in bare wood).

Thanks!

20. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

I'm not sure why my "PRBobbin" is being converted to Page Ranking Bobbin. :confused: