360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Synit line of blanks will be available in the US in Just a few weeks, they offer a technology that includes a new carbon compound with kevlar for a outstanding product. for more info send a email to [email protected]. These are the same blanks that fellow 360Tuna Member Shoefish landed a 300+ goliath grouper on and also a 300+ sawfish with.

·
1,140 Posts
landed some big yellowfin tuna as well as 60lb albacore tuna on both my 550v and 350v . one of the best rods available IMO, and some of the nicest people to deal with .

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
The Synit line of blanks will be available in the US in Just a few weeks, they offer a technology that includes a new carbon compound with kevlar for a outstanding product. for more info send a email to [email protected]. These are the same blanks that fellow 360Tuna Member Shoefish landed a 300+ goliath grouper on and also a 300+ sawfish with.

It is good sign that more quality rods/blanks are available for the US fishermen.

----------------

Jignpop.com

·
220 Posts
The Synit venoms come in a few sizes 150gram 5'8", 250gram 5'4", 350gram 5'4", 450gram 4'8" and 5'2", and 550gram 4'8" 5'2" and 6'0"

do you have the weight of the each blanks?

thanks.

·
2,835 Posts
I was treated like a liar on the other site when I posted 'new carbon' rods/blanks have 100 lbs dead lifting power. :(

Yea, that "Mr Know it All" jumped on me also.:mad: I was pretty polite with him as sometimes I let those guys have a piece of my mind. I haven't been back since that jerk rod builder from Japan who is behind the times with his old blank inventory tee-ed me off. I think they deleted all his rude comments.

·
SPONSOR
11,848 Posts
I can understand some are hard to believe any rod/blank can lift over 100 lbs object as it is new, but it is real.
They put a few guys in a net and they lifted the net using a rod/blank( I am not sure it was a rod and a blank) and the total weight was over 400 lbs The demonstration was nationally televised in Korea.
I heard Black Hole will get a gauged automatic rod/blank lift testing machine which is similar to the machine shown in Pac Bay catalog. i think I am going to get some rod/blank lift testing DVD by the machine soon.
Black Hole test dead lifting power of rods/blanks as well as dropping test.
Dropping test means they drop heavy object conneted to rod/blank tip and see how rod/blank react or survives.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts