Synit MACX vs Kaha

Discussion in 'Rods and Rod Blanks' started by mentooriento, Dec 16, 2017.

1. mentooriento

mentooriento Member

Anyone have experience with these two rods? Looking at 225 to 250g rod. Does one have a faster recoil tip? Is one more parabolic? Typically speed jig with 180-250g jigs for tuna. Thx

2. ReelMe

ReelMe Super Member

Uhhhg, makes me sad that I still haven't used my RCW MacX225 lol.
    It's too nice!! Lol

3. porcha

porcha Broscientist

Razar MacX should be more parabolic than a Kaha. Either way you can't go wrong

mentooriento likes this.
  4. mike garone

mike garone Well-Known Member

The Razar MACX series is going to be more parabolic than the Kaha K2. What size fish are you typically targeting with this rod?

5. mentooriento

mentooriento Member

a1flyfishr likes this.
  6. mentooriento

mentooriento Member

Typically tuna in the 20-80lb range. Once in a while there may be 100+ but not too often.

7. benwah22

benwah22 Well-Known Member

Got a Kaha 300 for sale in the BST thread

8. mentooriento

mentooriento Member

Thanks. I think it might be a little too much rod for me. Actually thinking of going with a down unda or having a custom rod built. Does anyone know which rod has a faster recoil on the tip? Or are they all pretty similar?

9. hafnor

hafnor Senior Member

All Synits are custom made unless you buy from a retailer. They will build the rod in whatever material, colour etc. you want. BUT- you will be Limited on lengths of the blank, guide placement, grips-placement as they have been mapped on the blanks already to perform optimal (with synits own calculation)

There are numerous custom Builders With Synit blanks available, altough I do not see the need for a Third person building these rods. If I were to use 5-700USD on a rod I would get it built by the same ones that makes the blank. I have seen some custom builds where the user spends 200+USD just for a jigging blank, then built With an alps alu reelseat because they "look cool"... May be a disaster for parabolic rods!

I heard that Synit no longer sell their blanks to Builders... Can only speculate on the reason for this... I would Guess they like to have Control over their own rods to make sure that all are built With the right materials and technique. Not sold to "everyone" as a "LEGO-set"

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  10. PE Pete

PE Pete Well-Known Member

Kaha K2M would be my pick in cse you encounter a cow. Will comfortably work jig upto 350g too should you need to.

11. mentooriento

mentooriento Member

Thanks for the info guys. Appreciate all the feedback. I just ordered a Kaha K2MH.

12. PE Pete

Great choice that man.. I have just packed mine to take up to the Three Kings to knock over some big ass YTK.

13. mentooriento

mentooriento Member

Thanks Pete. Go slay um up at Three Kings!

PE Pete likes this.
  14. PE Pete

We'll do our best but we'r gonna have some weather to contend with

15. Fightingfish

Fightingfish Fishing Guru

Love me my Kaha 300! It’s my old faithful.

hafnor likes this.