360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a Synit Dogtooth AR blank and I'm looking for guide placement and size advice... but tI can't find any on the internet and Synit have shut up shop. Has anyone here built one of these rods and could help me out? It would be a big help!

Thanks so much!

·
1,627 Posts
my kaha 250g has fuji mnsg size 20,16,12 and k guide size 10, size 8 and back to size 10 for the three last guides before the tip. they are built acid by synit (antacid I think they call it as they offset the second guide to align the line retrieve on your reel)

I have some lighter synits that use fuji low rider as first guide on these rods aswell

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got done building one. I highly suggest you build the handle, attach a reel, tape some guides on and bend it. I used kw guides and can provide the spacing if you would like.
Yes please, your spacing measurements would be great to have! I'm definitely planning on doing what you've suggested, but having some measurements to sanity check would be great.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes please, your spacing measurements would be great to have! I'm definitely planning on doing what you've suggested, but having some measurements to sanity check would be great.
From the tip my spacing between guides is as follows:
3"
3.5"
4"
4.75"
6.25"
6.75"

The spacing is based off a Stella 20k using KW guides.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How long is the AR blank @SlowriseFishing ? I believe my 250g is 5,2 or 5,4. I can take measurements of my rod built from synit-factory if you want that recipe.. let me know.
I think the rod is 5'3 I think I am ok for measurements now, just looking at guide sizes. The advice from pilot-werx on the same blank plus testing with tape should be good enough.

What size guides are you using on these rods for those that have built the AR blanks?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.