swordfish/marlin trip

Discussion in 'Boat Pooling' started by bellyup, Jul 1, 2006.

1. bellyup

bellyup Member

I am growing tired of looking at lures, rods, reels and not fishing.

Does anyone want to plan a marlin/bull dorado/grouper/wahoo/YFT trip by day and swordfish trip by night? Looking for 4 people total, $1500-1800 for the boat, out of Louisianna. Ragman, Minnow, Bret, Deep Blue Gulf, Txseadog, McGolfer, etc.--any of you guys interested? I really want several bills--sail, blue, and swordie--now that would be a trip!!! Here is a link to one charter service http://www.relentlesssportfishing.net/fishing.html

Scott

2. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

I was looking for people to go fishing last month, but nobody wanna go.
    there is no way i can squeeze in another trip this year, I wish i can LOL.

I hope you can find someone to go with.

3. bellyup

bellyup Member

TJ, I am sorry to hear that last months trip didn't go. I was interested but when I posted I wasn't aware that the trip was going on such short notice. Too short of notice makes it hard for me to make. If this doesn't go this year, lets make sure we do it next year. You and I would already make 2 for next year.

4. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Scott, I would love to go, but I just pulled the trigger on my Costa Rica trip in Feb. I dont think that I could swing it this year.. We all might get lucky next weekend and catch some bill for the Roundup... you are fishing with Larry arent you ? Arent you going to CR next year too? when and where??

5. bellyup

bellyup Member

I am supposed to be going with Larry on the DSR. Hope to see you out there.

I want to go to CR bad. I haven't planned it yet but there is a high possibility we will be there. I just have to start reading travel info and start planning that trip instead of spending too much time on the fishing boards and tackle stores. I will be going with my wife and I would only be fishing part of the time. Where you going and staying? Do you need an extra person on any of the charters? I may be available. I was going to contact John Brennan in Golfito for starters. He is the Pelican captain and is starting a charter business in Golfito. He will be there Jan through April.

6. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Scott I will send you an email. We are going to playa Zancudo Feb 2-12 we are fishing Feb 4,5,6. and just hanging out till the 12th. Taj Majal is putting on a Blues concert on Sat the 10th.. Zancudo is a 25min boat ride from Golfito and is that much closer to offshore fishing..

7. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

bret
    do i need to make any kind of deposit on this cr trip? has any one else expressed any interest in booking the other boat?....rick

8. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Rick, No deposit needed. Ragman was the only one to reply and he's taking the kids to Disney.. plus his Alaska trip.. The airfare has dropped 50bucks in the past week.. Direct on AA is $605.rt. I am thinking about posting this trip here to see if anyone else wants to go..