360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who rig your jigs with a swivel, split ring ans assist hook, what specific swivels and split rings would you use for jigs from 150-300 grams. Last year I tried the smallest swivels and slit rings I thought I could get by with and lost a few jigs while fishing. I noticed a few times the solid ring portion of the swivel had worked its way in between the wire on the split ring and I suspect this is how I lost my jigs.

If anyone has a recommendation of a thick wire ringed swivel that won't work its way onto the split ring, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

·
Wannabe Tuna Fisherman
1,814 Posts
I use Momoi's escape-proof swivels, but I do not know how good they will be for your application as they are kind of big. Well, the 200# swivels. The 150 are tiny, too small to even hold a solid ring over 50# size.

·
5,457 Posts
I use Momoi's escape-proof swivels, but I do not know how good they will be for your application as they are kind of big. Well, the 200# swivels. The 150 are tiny, too small to even hold a solid ring over 50# size.

Those are not escape proof with out a plastic sheath pushed over the snap on them.

Most use a spro swivel in the 200lb range, some use an owner with the welded eyes on them. Either way a good quality swivel thats strong enough for your application will do. I would however stay away from coastlock, snaplock, safteylock and any other snap attached to a swivel for jigging purpose.

d-a

·
Wannabe Tuna Fisherman
1,814 Posts
I wasn't sure if they are the correct application for jigging. I know for casting, trolling, chunking, livelining and bottom-bouncing they have not failed me ever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts